Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI – Problem

Hybrid View

Default UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI – Problem

We were very excited to try out Greg's extensions but I hit a bit of a snag. I believe that I followed the directions correctly, but...

When adding a user with posix or samba attributes or editing an existing user, I get error messages such as these:

Message: invalid request: LDAP schema violation: [LDAP: error code 65 - attribute 'gidNumber' not allowed]
    Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender

Message: invalid request: LDAP schema violation: [LDAP: error code 65 - attribute 'loginShell' not allowed]
    Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender

Any ideas?

Also, some food for thought, we would purchase a commercial version of Zimbra if this was an officially supported add-on/capability, the documents had versioning and other cms features and assignable task type items existed.
    ----
    Matt Walston
    Entire IT Department
    Air Control Systems

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

sounds like you're missing posix schema. reread the instructions and make sure you're including all the .schema files in slapd.conf.

If these are accounts that existed before you installed the new schemas, they don't have the additional objectclasses (posixAccount and sambaSamAccount). You've got to manually add these objectclasses to the LDAP entry, then add the related attributes. I had to use an external LDAP administration tool to get the objectclasses loaded.

Default Schema Files

They are definetly included in config and are acessable and perms are right. I will see what happens for a new account.
    ----
    Matt Walston
    Entire IT Department
    Air Control Systems

Default Same error

Same error on new account.
    ----
    Matt Walston
    Entire IT Department
    Air Control Systems

Make sure you edited slapd.conf.in not slapd.conf file, because slapd.conf get overwritten every time you restart zimbra services. The error that you are describing certainly looks like you are missing samba schema.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!
    P.S.: don't forget to vote on this bug
    add Samba LDAP entries to Exchange Migration Tool

Quote Originally Posted by bersrker View Post
    If these are accounts that existed before you installed the new schemas, they don't have the additional objectclasses (posixAccount and sambaSamAccount). You've got to manually add these objectclasses to the LDAP entry, then add the related attributes. I had to use an external LDAP administration tool to get the objectclasses loaded.
    Interesting, very interesting
    Which external LDAP administration tool have u used?
    I have 150 account and i am terribly disappointed to migrate 1O1 using your tool; how can i do it massively?
    TIA for suggestion

Bad news
    Although adding additional uidMember into Posix Group successfully shown in getent group, but, when the client actually connect to the shares, only his primary group are honored by Samba.

Well, it's not the end of the world. I believe we can make a workaround this using creative users grouping and ACLs in the shared directories.

For example, I set a directory called w2kfinance 770.
    In smb.conf:
    Code:
    [w2kfinance]
            comment = for salesjauh1 and userjauh1
            path = /var/lib/samba/shares/w2kfinance
            write list = @w2kfinance
    I want manager group to be able to "explore" inside the directory. I use ACL for this:
    Code:
    setfacl -m u:managerjauh1:rwx w2kfinance/
    It works

Quote Originally Posted by bersrker View Post
    Being new to LDAP, it took me a little time to work out how to do this. I used ldapmodify with the following input file to add the posixAccount objectclass and attributes (haven't started playing with Samba yet):

dn: uid=<USER>,ou=people,dc=MY,dc=DOMAIN
    changetype: modify
    add: objectClass
    objectClass: posixAccount
    -
    add: homeDirectory
    homeDirectory: /home/<USER>
    -
    add: loginShell
    loginShell: /bin/bash
    -
    add: uidNumber
    uidNumber: <UID NUMBER>
    -
    add:gidNumber
    gidNumber: <GID NUMBER>

Hope that helps. These then appear in the Posix Account section of the Admin UI for the specified user as expected.

Cheers,
    David

Thanks to davidh, I have one of my old users and one new test user successfully configured with Posix and Samba information. Both are showing up when I do a getent passwd, but I can not log in with either SSH or Samba.

I get this in syslog as well, even though pam_mkhomedir is installed.

Code:
    Sep 10 06:40:50 diablo sudo: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir)
    Sep 10 06:40:50 diablo sudo: PAM [dlerror: /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
    Sep 10 06:40:50 diablo sudo: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir
    Zimbra server is ZCS NE on Ubuntu, server I'm trying to join to it is Debian Etch.

edit: fixed that one. In the Wiki guide we're told to add the following to /etc/pam.d/common-session

Code:
    session required pam_mkhomedir skel=/etc/skel umask=0077
    it should be

Code:
    session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0077

edit2: after rebooting Diablo, I can now log in via SSH. Samba still didn't work for my existing users until I did a "sudo smbpasswd -a <user>" which added the proper password information to LDAP. As of right now the only thing which isn't working is the above mkhomedir functionality, it's not throwing any errors but the home directories are not being created properly.
    Last edited by wolrah; 09-11-2007 at 02:20 PM.