Thread: Determine ZCS Outlook Connector version from server side?

Default Determine ZCS Outlook Connector version from server side?

is there any way from the server side for me to determine the version of the Zimbra Outlook Connector that the user is running?

It would be awesome if there was a way to automatically collect information about the users system when they sync, like Outlook version, patch level, system DST information. Perhaps some debug feature in the Zimbra Toaster app?

Or even a "Send support information to administrator" function on the Toaster that would e-mail system info to the admin@mydomain.com account.
    Last edited by jonnyRo; 05-07-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Yes, it would be very useful and no, you can't figure out the ZCO version server-side. We have mentioned this to support before since we have no idea who's running what version of the ZCO right now. It would be simple enough to have the ZCO version logged in the audit log file or something.

ZCO sends a user agent string which includes the zco version number in it. You can check the access logs on the server for the user agent.

I don't really have access to the server side of Zimbra, just the basic administrative options(making new users, etc..). To do this I used PSInfo, a free utility to scan a list of PCs in the company for all the software included in the machine. Then I used findstr to milk what I wanted out of the giant text document I generated.

Commands are like this:

psinfo @file -u Admin_Username -p Admin_Pass -s >> c:\data\list.txt

Then....

findstr /i "system zcs" c:\data\list.txt >> c:\data\finallist.txt

What this does is scans all PCs listed in a text file(or just use \\*) and searches for any software that is installed on the PC. Then with findstr you search for all lines containing "system" and "zcs". This will get you a list of PC names with what version they have of the connector. Keep in mind if the PC doesn't have the connector you'll need to do a different query because it wouldn't show up with this one.

Also, be warned that if you've had any previous versions of the connector installed at any time it will still show those versions as being there.

If you require more than a user agent in the logs, I highly recommend you file an enhancement request in bugzilla indicating exactly what you need. Specifying how you will use this information and its importance to you will be useful to the PM team.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    ZCO sends a user agent string which includes the zco version number in it. You can check the access logs on the server for the user agent.
    Which log is that in? I'm running 4.5.3 and can't see versions in either audit.log or mailbox.log