Thread: Outlook connector with server appliance beta

Default Outlook connector with server appliance beta

I'm testing the beta of the server appliance (not vmware) and we may move to it (from open source). I am also new to zimbra so please have paitence.

I just installed and am testing the outlook connector. Couple of questions.

1. Mail is being delivered as blank. The header of any message reads:
    <html><body><h3>The attachment download has been disabled per security policy. </h3></body></html>

Not sure what is going on and I haven't found anything when searching the forums (unless I missed it). Anybody have ideas?

2. Sharing calendars. I need to do some more searches on this but initially it looks like sharing calendars is not possible even with the mapi connector. Is that accurate? If so, what advantages are there to using the outlook connector?

Thanks.
    n

I've sent an email asking about the attachment blocking and will get back to you on that.

Regarding sharing, it is possible from ZWC and our MAPI provider. For calendar sharing the only thing you get with our MAPI provider that you don't get with ZWC is offline access (ie, the contents of the shared calendars is sync'd).
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Hi Sam.

Where can I find out more information on this "ZWC" and "MAPI provider"?

Any word on the Outlook connector issue? I can't figure out why all the messages delivered are blank. I can't find anything about security policy in the zimbra administrator.

Thanks again.

n

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

ZWC is the Zimbra Web Client i.e. the browser version for accessing your mailbox. The MAPI provider is the Zimbra Outlook Connector for use with Outlook.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Phoenix. Guess I didn't clarify myself in my original question then. I have two Outlook clients using mapi to connect to the beta appliance. In addition to the emails themselves showing up blank, my question is can the Outlook calendars be shared?

I've been working with the Outlook clients and can't view the other's calendar at all. Sam's response (now understood thank you) would indicate otherwise (that the outlook connector allows you to share calendars). Is there any documentation anywhere I can use?

Thanks again.
    N

nimbra, can you pm me your email address?

regarding blank emails, we've seen this with a particular anti-virus suite. If there is any anti-virus software on the client machine, can you disable it and see if that solves the problem?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::