View Poll Results: should the text entry string be removed from searching the forums?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

6 85.71%

Thread: fantasticaly annoying !

Unhappy fantasticaly annoying !

Good Day, All,

How fantastically annoying is that silly rohrsach test you have to get past to search the forums?!

I hate it!

(I do not being a complainer, but .... )

Zimbra, please remove that from the forums so I can search for important information quickly like I am a human being whose time is valuable.

Thank you so much.

Jason
    Thanks very much.

Peace. Love. Linux.

Jason Sjobeck
    xmpp:jason@sjobeck.com
    *Asterisk Consultant To The Stars *

login first

granted sometimes i just google
    site:zimbra.com/forums searchstring

I take it their affraid of too much traffic being passed through to their internal search engine
    Last edited by mmorse; 05-08-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Jason-
    We do this because we get slammed by Bots. At any given time, there are between 60 and 200 bots on our site.

We have Several hundred thousand hits yesterday because of the comcast announcement.

If we don't do that, then the forums will be slower because the bots constantly search.

I believe the string only happens for non-logged in users. So stay logged in, and you can search quickly!

-john

It doesn't show up for me when I'm logged in either. I'd be complaining about the bugzilla search if anything, what a confounding, weird way to track bugs I find it extremely hard to find things in bugzilla....maybe that's why the employees always tell us to search it instead of finding the bug for us

Just giving you a hard time guys, I don't really want to be a complainer either.

i understand the need entirely for such measures but i would like to suggest a longer timeout before logging in again.. i find it fairly short.