Thread: Zimbra Collaboration Suite rPath Appliance and NFS

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra Collaboration Suite rPath Appliance and NFS

I'm currently trying to set up an NFS mount on the host VM machine and want to mount the rPath Appliance to that location; i.e.:

Host VM: NFS share server.servernet.com:backup
    VM: NFS mounted server.servernet.com:/backup /backup
    command from VM: mount -t nfs server.servernet.com:/backup /backup

The issue is that it ends up pumping out the error: can't read superblock
    This seems to indicate the nfsd isn't running, which it isn't.

So... the question is: has anyone used NFS on the rPath ZCS appliance? If so, what have you done to enable that feature?

The appliance includes a stripped down OS to make the download smaller, I don't believe nfs is included.

Feel free to file and an enhancement to have it added but as an appliance we really don't want services running that aren't managed from either the rAA (Rpath Appliance Agent) or the Zimbra Admin Console.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Feel free to file and an enhancement to have it added but as an appliance we really don't want services running that aren't managed from either the rAA (Rpath Appliance Agent) or the Zimbra Admin Console.
    Thanks Brian. I'll be happy to go file an enhancement request. I've run into this same issue.

My question to you is this: if you don't want something like NFS installed on the virtual appliance, and the virtual appliance doesn't have enough space for the mail store, data store or indexes, how do you expect the administrator to put that data off on separate storage, considering NFS is the most common method for doing so?

I've read through the entire virtual appliance installation manual, and I couldn't find anywhere what you should do about the fact that you're gonna run out of space very quickly if you start using that virtual appliance for your users' email. There's nothing in there about what or how you should place the email data.

Thanks
    --Dan