Thread: Moving Messages

Hybrid View

Default Moving Messages

I have a crashed zimbra box, i was able to bring up the machine and get the /opt/zimbra folder. Ive transfered it to the new machine and run the install...some of the ldap files were corrupt so i recreated the ldap dir with an older version of my data. How can i add all the old mail messages to the new users. I have a functional copy of the store and db directories, but i dont want to just replace them and have the possibility of getting the database out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by kriskirkland View Post
    I have a crashed zimbra box, i was able to bring up the machine and get the /opt/zimbra folder. Ive transfered it to the new machine and run the install...some of the ldap files were corrupt so i recreated the ldap dir with an older version of my data. How can i add all the old mail messages to the new users. I have a functional copy of the store and db directories, but i dont want to just replace them and have the possibility of getting the database out of sync.
    Hi and welcome to the forums.
    Sorry that you machine messed up.

Did you follow the wiki instructions on restore? What OS are you using? Zimbra ver? What told you the LDAP files are corrupt?

It might be easier to dump your ldap data to disk, the reimport it.

Default Message

Im running 4.5 OS edition on Ubuntu 6.06, after the box crashed all the ldap files were missing. So i restored most of the /zimbra directory from the crashed box and the rest form an earlier copy of the /zimbra directory from the same crashed machine. So all the email and calandar settings are gone even though i used the store that had the exisiting information in it. Also on a side note, some of the users i had to recreated in order from them to recieve mail (deffered). I assume the mail and calendar events are in the store but arent viewable. How can i make zimbra aware of these older emails. NOTE: ive been able to grep the store to find old email that predates the new system. Thanks for your help!