Thread: Service provider price structuring

Default Service provider price structuring

Is there any plans to setup some sort of service provider price structure for your network edition, or make some of the features that are needed into the OS version?

$30/seat per year I would think is fairly standard for a corperate enviroment, but this is completely out of range for ISPs, and hosting providers who would like to provide this as an value add service, or even an pay for addon service.

I guess deligated administration would be fairly easy to achive with a seperate interface tied into the API, anyone done this yet?

Miles

I guess deligated administration would be fairly easy to achive with a seperate interface tied into the API, anyone done this yet?
    I read here at the forums that the Network Edition will support delegated administration in a future release.

Quote Originally Posted by exothermic
    $30/seat per year I would think is fairly standard for a corperate enviroment, but this is completely out of range for ISPs, and hosting providers who would like to provide this as an value add service, or even an pay for addon service.
    All of the ISPs that I know of use an OpenSource Solution, or their own inhouse mail software, which is usually some bastardized version of an OpenSource application. And usually ISPs don't offer something like IMAP; they don't want to be held responsible for storing someone else's mail, so they use POP3.

In my opinion Zimbra's target isn't service providers, it's enterprises that need a collaboration solution, and thatís what they should focus on because they're doing a damn good job.

Now if you're talking about internally to an ISP then its back to the business side where Zimbra would be appropriate and they should pay the standard corporate price.

Quote Originally Posted by exothermic
    Is there any plans to setup some sort of service provider price structure for your network edition, or make some of the features that are needed into the OS version? $30/seat per year I would think is fairly standard for a corperate enviroment, but this is completely out of range for ISPs...
    First, just to clarify, our pricing direct to enterprises is $28/user/year.

In any case, rsharpe has good instincts when he speculates that we're primarily focused on the enterprise market. But as part of that, we have built Zimbra to be hosted by partners of various sizes -- including hosted service providers that want to offer more innovative features than just basic webmail+POP/IMAP. Depending on your requirements (feature set, number of users, etc.), we can propose various pricing structures. We're still working through the specifics of how to accomodate ISPs, so please feel free to contact me directly at partners [at] zimbra.com if you can help us better understand the feature-requirements of your user-base.