I have a problem with german Umlauts.
The problem was present in my previous installed version (4.5.1_GA_660.RHEL4_20070201175133 RHEL4 NETWORK edition) and is still present in the release that I have just ugraded to (4.5.5_GA_838.RHEL4_20070518071230 RHEL4 NETWORK edition).
I have the matching Outlook Connector installed.
The problem of not having the umlauts shown happens in case of txt mails and in the apointments.
I have done some tests and this is the result:
1) txt mail intern from Outlook with Connector to Zimbra Web => umlauts OK
2) txt mail intern from Zimbra Web to Outlook with Connector => umlauts OK
3) txt mail intern from Outlook with Connector to from Outlook with Connector => umlauts OK
4) txt mail form pine on external server to Outlook with Connector => umlaut PROBLEM
5) forward mail from test(4) internally => umlauts which were disappeared are gone forever
6) txt mail form gmx to Outlook with Connector => umlauts OK
7) appointment intern from Outlook with Connector to Zimbra Web => umlauts PROBLEM
8) appointment intern from Outlook with Connector to from Outlook with Connector => umlauts PROBLEM
9) appointment intern from Zimbra Web to Outlook with Connector => umlauts OK
When the umlauts problem appears it is such that umlauts outside the "real text field" are properly shown (in the subject, in the fragment, etc.), inside the text field disappear or are substituted with � or little open squares (i.e. say
WäWöWüWß becomes in zimbra web W� W� W� W� , in Outlook WWWW).
Note for example that the "Ort" (place) apointment field is shown correctly in outlook, where it is shown into the "hat" of the mail; it is badly shown in zimbra web where it it is shown into the "actual text" field.
I have noticed that the text:
is missing in the header of all the wrongly displayed test BUT it is missing in the test(9) which is working fine, too!!!???
Any idea? Can you help?