Thread: "aliasing" a whole domain

Default "aliasing" a whole domain

Hello,

searching for the easy click'n point (a.k.a zimbra) way to alias a whole domain.

e.g.:

we own example.com and example.org now all users are by default in example.com and all necessary mail addresses in this domain are setup.

now what's the easy way to do that in zimbra. or is that still something where I need to do postfix rewriting from example.org to example.com? I'd really like some solution where I don't have to create everything twice.

Welcome to the forums!

This is the command you are looking for:

Code:
    zmprov cd example.com zimbraDomainType alias zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @example.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @domain.com

More details can be found on the wiki

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

This is the command you are looking for:

Code:
    zmprov cd example.com zimbraDomainType alias zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @example.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @domain.com

More details can be found on the wiki
    hi, now that was easy doing first tests already. althoug that should be a GUI button (just kidding that much of typing _must_ be acceptable since until now i haven't found a thing your product can't do that is mission critical)

I kind of agree it should be a gui function, but one of the great parts of Zimbra's offering is they listen to the community, so be sure to search bugzilla and if there isn't a feature you want, put it in and don't forget to vote for it.

will do so.

I just need to get used to the way zimbra docs are organized. which is imho the most difficult part for about every server/software there exists

i guess i need to get used to internet forums finally. i'm more a mailing list/usenet person. on the other hand searching a forum is quite ok since you have easier full text access.

btw. found the docs about adding a domain alias just the second the answer came. which was about 3 minutes after my post.

wonder if paid support would call me "hey, the problem you'll have tomorrow can be fixed like this..." (forgive me that i imply that zimbra causes problems, you "There's no bug free software, with the possible exception of....")