Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "No such folder exists" error in linking Cal

Default "No such folder exists" error in linking Cal

Zimbra install on Fedora 5. Using web interface, and have set up 2 users so far. Both users can get in and use the Calendar, but neither can get a link to the other, even though both have engaged the share calendar (to public) feature. I get a "no such folder exists" error when I input the directory I was given.

Please advise.

Well it works on my system. I'm doing evaluation on Zimbra and thought to try calendar sharing because of your post.

Do you get a URL like:
    https://zimbratest.xxyyzz.com/home/<name>/Calendar/

It may be HTTP, I have everything running under HTTPS. And if you have something that looks correct have you tried using the IP address instead of the DNS name?

The extra info will help when Zimbra people get to this question.

It isn't running under https, and I've tried all kinds of different variations of the address. Still doesn't work.

I can't even find the folder(s) on the server when I ssh into it.

I don't think there is a folder. I would have thought all the calendar items would be stored in the database so it's a virtual directory. And most people would probably have an HTTP URL to get to the calendar page being done as a dynamic HTML page to keep the data upto date.

What sort of URL do you get? From my testing it should be of the form
    [protocol]://<machine>/home/<name>/Calendar/

When a user right-clicks on the "Calendar" and selects 'Share Calendar' a pop-up box comes up called Share Properties (this is for anyone following this discussion as Texas Aggie must have seen this). At the bottom of the pop-up is a section titled "URL".

When I paste that URL into a browser I'm prompted to open it with KOrganizer (as I'm on a linux box and that's what I use for a calendar client).

You must be correct that its a virtual directory inside of the PG database, however, I'm not finding the directory, and the cut and paste from what I got on the other user isn't working. I don't know why.

Have you gone to the admin console and checked what the user sent you?

You can check out the URL that way. I suspect the person may be sending you something that is incorrect or they are not sharing the resource as they think so you can check the permissions at the same time.

I have complete control of everything. I set up the users and went into each individual account and set the calendars to share. I originally copied the directory information and tried to paste it into the field, but it didn't work, hence the search on the server.

At this point, Zimbra isn't working and I can't use it if I can't get it to work. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Sorry but I'm out of ideas. You'll need someone from Zimbra to help you.

I'd try a reinstall as I suspect something may misconfigured internally but I don't know the product well enough as I've only been testing it for three weeks.

I'll keep an eye on this thread as I'm curious what your solution is.

If you're using "Link to Shared Calendar", "Email" should be set to the email address of the sharer and "Path" should be set to the calendar's name (e.g. "Calendar"). This is the way calendar sharing works best.

If you're trying to use "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar" in the "Create New Calendar" dialog, put the full HTTP URL from the remote folder's properties dialog in the "URL" field.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

If you're using "Link to Shared Calendar", "Email" should be set to the email address of the sharer and "Path" should be set to the calendar's name (e.g. "Calendar"). This is the way calendar sharing works best.
    I'm doing just that.

Any other ideas?