Thread: Login redirect failing on multi-server install

Default Login redirect failing on multi-server install

I have a multi-server installation with two machines. The first is running everything and the second is not running ldap or logger. Both are behind a firewall with one to one NAT for each machine. When I login to the machines using the internal addresses the redirect works and I am logged into the correct machine. When I try to login using the external addresses I am only able to get in if I login directly to the correct machine. If I login to the other machine the redirect appears to hang. Is there something I need to do to make the redirect work for external access?

Thanks

If they're set up internally, I assume you have an internal DNS setup that's all nice and set up.

Try split DNS to handle the NATTING. Here's an example:

Internal server (mail.domain.com) <-> Internal DNS (dns.domain.com)

Internal deliveries are handled with the help of internal DNS.

Outside DNS A <-> Public IP <-> Router:Nat rule for webmail port (80) <->Mail.domain.com <-> Internal DNS <-> Internal Clients

I don't know if that makes any sense, but you want your DNS to reflect yoru ourside DNS that way you don't have that problem. Take a look at the wiki split dns entry

Yeah I'm not sure I understand what you meant by that. Our DNS is setup using views so there is an internal view and an external. Any machine doing a query on the inside will get the internal address for a service. Any queries from the outside will get external addresses. Everything else appears to work perfectly except the redirect for web login. Mail is delivered to the server without any problems. Is the problem that the two zimbra servers are getting internal addresses for the redirect instead of external?

I solved the problem by making the internal hostnames valid on the external dns. I think the problem was that when the redirect happened my browser didn't know how to resolve the internal names.

Default Similar setup

I have a 2 server setup and I'd like the user not to see the redirect to the second server. I had previously set this up by changing the default to redirect=0 in the Ajax_all.zgz and AjaxNewWindow_all.zgz files.

However, when I do that now, or when I pass in redirect=0 in the url to the server that my mailbox is not on, the login hangs at the loading screen. Is this expected behavior? Is there any way to mask the fact that there are multiple servers on the back end from the user?