Thread: Shared Calendars

Default Shared Calendars

Hello,

Just started using Zimbra and so far I love it. One issue is my company is an ISP and we have multiple sales and help desk support techs managing shared calendars for our field techs. Often they have to move things around in the schedule from one tech to another. Zimbra doesn't appear to have the capability of moving an appointment from one shared calendar to another once it's been saved. The item in the appointment labeled "Calendar" is grayed out after saving the appointment and the field is no longer available to change.

Is there anyway to accomplish this goal? Or is the software simply not designed for this type of use?

thanks,

Bill

If you're using Outlook with the connector I'd say you'd be pushing your luck for shared calendars as of right now(as far as relying on them for business). Try a search for shared calendars and see what some of the issues are with them(namely send/receive required to update calendars, etc...).

I thought you could change the colors of individual tasks in the WebUI, but I can't seem to find the option.

As far as I can see the WebUI calendar is reliable and works, but may god him/herself help you if you get married or change your name/domain.

Maybe I didn't clarify what the problem was...

Shared calendaring is working great and I have that all setup, I can create, view, modify (some info).. The problem is moving an appointment from UserA to UserB... It simply doesn't work..

This is all done through the WebUI no connectors in use here..

I've been digging around on the forums and it looks like this is a known bug as described in this topic - http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...calendars.html

Bug 7129 - cannot move existing appt/message/etc. to another user's mailbox

Which I find disappointing, as it would seem to be a very common task for a collaboration suite. Hopefully it will be addressed/fixed in the next release. For now it looks like we'll have to put up with copy/paste info to notepad then back to zimbra in order to move an appointment from one tech's schedule to the next.

Glad you included the bug number. I've add a vote to it, the total is now 20. This isn't needed by us yet but I can see it being wanted.