Thread: How to remove "View mail" from administration menu

Default How to remove "View mail" from administration menu

We have a few people doing administration in our Zimbra environment. Our managers have concern how easy it is for the administrators to view the mailboxes.

Is there any way to do a restriction so that some administrators don't have the "view mail" option?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

No, there is currently no method to remove that option. There will come a day when that option is useful to an admin.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

You can give them access to /opt/zimbra/log/audit.log which will log each attempt at view another's mail.

Default I think there should be an option for this

Hi.

I think in most organizations you do not want all your email administrators to be able to read other users emails. I certainly know that's the case with us, besides that, in some countries it's purely illegal. I can think of a few courtcases in Europe as an example.

I suggest that this would be a feature, that only the first administrator has control of, that is some administrators can and some cannot view other people's emails.

My opinion is certainly though that company emails are company property, however working for a multinational organization we've seen that it's very to stretch that view into all countries.

Regards,

Maron

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by maron View Post
    suggest that this would be a feature, that only the first administrator has control of, that is some administrators can and some cannot view other people's emails.
    Check bugzilla to see if an RFE has been filed and vote on anything you find, if not then file an RFE and vote on it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The enhancement request is here : Bug 11515 - role based delegate administration
    The original bug is here, but apparently this feature has been considered as part of a plan to more precisely customize an adminstrator's permissions.