Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problem since upgrading to 4.5.6

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Problem since upgrading to 4.5.6

    Hi,

    I upgraded from 4.5.5 saturday night and ever since, when my users send a message through the zimbra web client, the "Sent By" only shows their email address instead of showing their name and email address.

    I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about. The "To" is always shown correctly, but never the sent from. And if I go into the Sent Items box of the person who sent it, it also only shows the email with no name.




    However, when I mouse over the email address listed (my own in this example), it shows the correct info from my Contact list.



    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tonythemediaguy; 07-03-2007 at 08:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    8

    Lightbulb

    I am still evaluating the ZCS and I have upgraded it from 4.5.5 to 4.5.6 on OpenSUSE 10.2 by Today. I checked that the "Send By" field always showing the sender's email address ONLY, even the mails was sent under 4.5.5 or 4.5.6~ So, I am not sure whether your users could shown the sender's email address AND the related name before??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I haven't upgraded yet (it's on my to-do list for this weekend) so I'm still on 4.5.5. Just wanted to note that when I open message the "Sent By:" line has only the e-mail address, even for messages I sent personally. Maybe it's always been that way or there's an option/zimlet somewhere?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    After further inspection, the messages I imported from my pst files have the name instead of the email. Now that we're actually using Zimbra and sending messages with it, I see that it's not sending out names on ANY emails. It's only sending out emails addresses in the FROM. So the problem isn't with the web client, it's with something else.

    I sent myself a test to my gmail account and it comes through with no name, only email.

    I checked in the identity settings and even created a new one and even though I type in the name I want the email to be from, it doesn't send a name.

    Anybody heard of this?

    Aloha,

    Tony

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading from 4.0.0 RC1 to 4.5.6 GA
    By richard-hdd in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 07:25 AM
  2. 4.5.6 -> 5.0 Upgrade Problem :(
    By uxbod in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 08:02 PM
  3. Problem Upgrading to 4.5.5 on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
    By carlo in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 11:11 AM
  4. Domain Alias / User Alias problem after upgrading.
    By Bingo in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 03:39 AM
  5. Problem Upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.0.x
    By shankwc in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •