Thread: Integrating Zimbra with IPCop

Default Integrating Zimbra with IPCop

I have set up Zimbra in a small office that uses IPCop as a firewall and proxy server. IPCop allows authentication through an external LDAP. I would like to use Zimbra as the external LDAP. I have attached an image of the IPCop fields that are required to get this working. I wasn't sure if Zimbra uses LDAP Version 2 or Version 3. I did find that port 389 is the appropriate port. I need to know what to use for the BASE DN and if the LDAP Server is simply the hostname / IP of my Zimbra server. I would appreciate any help in this area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by plan9; 07-03-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Didn't attach image.

Quote Originally Posted by plan9 View Post
    I have set up Zimbra in a small office that uses IPCop as a firewall and proxy server. IPCop allows authentication through an external LDAP. I would like to use Zimbra as the external LDAP. I have attached an image of the IPCop fields that are required to get this working. I wasn't sure if Zimbra uses LDAP Version 2 or Version 3. I did find that port 389 is the appropriate port. I need to know what to use for the BASE DN and if the LDAP Server is simply the hostname / IP of my Zimbra server. I would appreciate any help in this area.
    The wiki (wiki.zimbra.com) is a great resource for questions like this.

In particular look at LDAP Authentication - ZimbraWiki
    and
    LDAP Apache - ZimbraWiki

In general, if your domain is mail.com then you are going to want to bind against:

dc=zimbra, dc=mail,dc=com

Hi all,
    I have Zimbra OSE 7 and IPCop 1.4.21, and I configured LDAP as follows (taking domain.com as example):
    DN Base: ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com
    LDAP Type: LDAP version 3
    LDAP Server: <IP of your Zimbra Server> (make sure IP is reachable from your IPCop)
    Port: 389
    DN User for connection: uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra
    Password for DN connection: <password> (I got it from zimbra using this command as zimbra user: zmlocalconfig -s ldap_root_password)

And that's all. Save and restart. You should put proxy settings to your users and when they try to surf, the will be prompted for a user and password.
    Little late answer, but it can help to another users.