Thread: Missing User

Default Missing User

Ok, this is a strange one, but critical.

I tried updating my server to the latest version, but it failed on ldap. Instead of continuing to mess with it I deleted and restored a copy of the zimbra directory I created just before the upgrade attempt.

Now there is one user that is missing, so far as I can tell and it just happens to be the owner of the company.

His domain is there as well as several of the other users for that domain, but his account does not show up. He can't log in and attempts to send email to him result in a recipient rejected error.

I tried to re-add his account, but I get a server error and this long message:
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: createAccount
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(Ser viceException.java:174)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.create Subcontext(LdapProvisioning.java:2575)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.create Account(LdapProvisioning.java:628)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.create Account(LdapProvisioning.java:504)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.CreateAccount.handle(C reateAccount.java:65)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:261)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:162)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:173)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80 - internal error]; remaining name 'uid=amuse,ou=people,dc=m-ven,dc=com'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.jav a:3029)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2931)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2737)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(LdapC tx.java:770)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_cre ateSubcontext(ComponentDirContext.java:319)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.createSubcontext(PartialCompositeDirContext.java :248)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.createSubcontext(PartialCompositeDirContext.java :236)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.createSub context(InitialDirContext.java:178)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.create Subcontext(LdapProvisioning.java:2561)
    ... 25 more

Error code: service.FAILURE
    Method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Receiver

Everything else seems to be operating as normal. Please help asap if you can.

Thanks

Well I got it working, I hope no one else is missing.

I deleted and re-copied the /opt/zimbra directory
    ran /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms
    ran zmcontrol start
    All of which I did at least 2 or 3 times.

And the missing user is back.

The only difference this time was that I was experiencing the permissions bug on redo.log and removed that file before starting.