Thread: Silly mistake -- now cant log into admin console

Threaded View

Default Silly mistake -- now cant log into admin console

Hi everyone. My first experience with Zimbra, and hope to be running it for our charity soon! I love it.

The (background and) problem:
    1. On preparing for Zimbra install, I edited the ubuntu 6.06 /etc/hosts file associating my static IP with "mail.domain.com" domain instead of the what I wanted, "domain.com". Consequently, after installing Zimbra, all users have - "john@mail.domain.com" when I would like them to be "john@domain.com"

2. After install completed, I logged into the admin console with admin + password (as inputted in configuration on server) and I added another domain (domain.com) through the web interface. I then added some users including an admin. (Which i believed I gave admin access to -- apparently not!)

3. I attempted to remove the original domain (which was unneeded) and was prompted to remove all users before removing the domain. I removed (silly) the original admin@mail.domain.com account. (Consequently, when I clicked a button to continue working on the web console, the login prompt appeared (I was logged out of the admin console) and I cannot get back in with the original login (obviously) I tried logging in with admin@domain.com but it says user does not have admin rights -- appears there are no other users with admin credentials.

I assumed the admin console login was separate from the email login, and didn't even think about it when I deleted things.

I ran zmprov cd mail.domain.com zimbraAuthMech zimbra which says the old domain (mail.domain.com) still exists.
    I also ran zmprov ma admin@domain.com zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE which gives an error: account.INVALID_ATTR_VALUE (zimbraIsAdminAccount must be TRUE or FALSE)

Have looked through the administrator pdf file and searched the forums (trying the above commands) with no success yet.
    Can I use the command line to add administrative rights to my new administrator (admin@domain.com) or is there another way to get back into the admin console???

Many thanks for you help!!
    Last edited by animasana; 07-05-2007 at 01:53 AM. Reason: add detail, punctuation