Thread: Database corruption after restore

Default Database corruption after restore

We have to following Zimbra version running: Version 3.1.2_GA_445.SuSEES9 (thats what the admin console told me, hope its the right version string)
    Its the OpenSource binary package for SuSE.

This week i had to restore a backup because all the appointments from one of my coworkers calendar disapperead.
    So i took the latest backup and restored his database "mailbox19".
    After starting starting the database again it all looked good.

except one appointment
    Its a repetitive entry and when you try to edit or delete this one now, you get following error:

"A network service error has occurred."
    msg - system failure: missing blob for id: 10925, change: 27214
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: missing blob for id: 10925, change: 27214
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(Ser viceException.java:131)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getBlob(MailItem.ja va:684)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.fetchFromStore( MessageCache.java:213)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getItemContent( MessageCache.java:116)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getRawContent(M essageCache.java:143)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Appointment.getRawMessage(Ap pointment.java:1354)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Appointment.getMimeMessage(A ppointment.java:1455)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeApptInviteA sMP(ToXML.java:646)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.GetMsg.handle(GetMsg.ja va:86)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:255)
    at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:312)
    at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:299)
    at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:269)
    at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyIfNecessary(D ocumentHandler.java:252)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:252)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:163)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:228)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:154)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

code - service.FAILURE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Receiver
    "id: 10925" is the id-field in the table mail_item. thats obvious.
    but i have no clue where this "change: 27214" is referring to or which blob is missing.
    Any hint how to fix this is very welcome

I had a similar problem with an upgrade gone bad we don't use calendering at this point though so it was just the mailboxes having random messages partially missing, in our case deleting the message cleared the problem. For recurring appointments, i'd look in the database and set the recurring bit to false (0, whatever) then try to delete it. The problem your most likely seeing is it trying to delete all occurences of it (linked from the first of course). This means you could feasibly write a query to return all row id's and issue one big delete for them all, thus eliminating the entry and allowing the user to recreate it. i haven't delved into zimbra's mysql databases enough to know where to look for all that yet though.