ZCS Critical Bug Alert for 5.0 Betas
Using an IMAP client to move messages can result in the loss of messages.
- Zimbra 5.0 RC1 and all Betas are affected (Beta 1,2,3 & RC1) This does not affect Zimbra 4.5 editions.
- iPhone Exchange Capability
- Zimbra Connector for Evolution
- IMAPSync for migration or backup
- Any device or client that uses an IMAP connection
Zimbra will release a new Beta which resolves this issue. In the interm, use of IMAP is strongly discouraged.
IV. More Information
Bug 21117 - IMAP move causes corruption
Special Thanks to Josh Prismon for discovering this issue.
If you have questions, please post in the forums, or PM jholder