There is now a Zimlet Forum
Zimlets are a mechanism for integrating the Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) with third party information systems and content. We also use the Zimlet approach to “mash-up” (intermix) user interfaces within the Zimbra collaboration suite itself, such as by mashing up calendar and contacts within your email.
Below is a first public draft of the Zimlet's specification.
Additional notes about the current implementation:
- form editor and submitForm method are not implemented
- JSP tags are not included in the build
- tooltip canvas type not implemented
- sticky tooltip is not implemented
- bool type for user property is not implemented
- enum is currently called select
- property and form field visual types not yet supported
- message files(i18n/l10n) not yet supported
- user properties currently cannot be accessed from within the zimlet definition file
- ZCS objects cannot be accessed withing actionUrls
- ZmAppointment cannot currently be specified as a dragSource
- dragSource with an action URL is not currently implemented
- The sticky attribute of the tooltip element is not currently supported
- Tooltip text for panel items is currently not implemented
- zimlet loading priority not implemented
- admin UI is not completed (use command line)
Ross has posted a blog entry which covers additional details about Zimlet's.