Thread: ZCS 4.5 Beta1

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Default ZCS 4.5 Beta1

I'm sure there'll be a formal announcment later but for anyone who's interested, the first beta of Zimbra 4.5 is available for download from sourceforge in the Developers Build section. Remember, this is a BETA version so take care with your data - do the usual backups before the install etc., etc.

As usual it's a flawless upgrade. The Zimbra team have done a lot of work in this release and I, for one, would like to congratulation them for their efforts for producing such a magnificent product.
    Last edited by phoenix; 11-10-2006 at 11:47 PM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Bill. I'll just add a follow-up here with some more details. ZCS 4.5 Beta 1 is our first beta in the 4.5 release. So please give us feedback on any problems (I'm sure there are some rough spots). This release is an OSS-only beta release for these platforms:

DEBIAN3.1
    FC4
    FC5
    MACOSX
    MACOSX INTEL
    RHEL4 64bit
    RHEL4
    SuSE10
    SuSEES9
    UBUNTU6

The 4.5 beta is also available in a virtual appliance form factor for the Network Edition. The virtual appliance is based on rPath and will run on VMWare. You can register and get access to the rPath/VMWare/Zimbra beta here:

http://www.zimbra.com/vmware/

Major new features of 4.5 include complex password enforcement, identities, personal DL's, server performance improvements, backup/restore in the admin console, a search builder in the admin console, user-set default fonts for HTML compose, an upgrade to use MySQL 5.0, and a Lotus Domino migration wizard.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.