Zimbra Toaster - Beta - Last Updated 01/25/2007
You've screamed and we've heard. Attached is a beta of Zimbra toaster. It's an application that runs in your system tray (windows only - for now) that notifies you when new messages arrive on the Zimbra server.
This is a beta and has not been tested by the Zimbra quality experts. We've added a 'Toaster' component to Bugzilla so you can report issues as you find them. The code will be available shortly in our SVN repository.
Windows, .Net 1.1 & a Zimbra account
* Notify when new messages are delivered to your server's inbox folder
* Handle 'mailto' links
* Flag or move messages to trash
* On demand request for new messages
* Configurable polling interval
* Configurable 'open item' URL
* Configurable sound when messages arrive
* Configurable fade in/out of toaster window
* Remember toaster window location
* Tray icon tool tip shows number of new messages received
* Support for invalid SSL certificates
Unzip the zip file to some directory and run the installer
For the adventurous programmer:
The toaster depends on a few windows specific functions (like encrypting your password). Replace these with appropriate implementations for different operating systems and the toaster should run under mono providing you Linux and Mac support.