Thread: iCal To dos / task syncing to be supported in 5?

Default iCal To dos / task syncing to be supported in 5?

Hi there,

I'm testing out Zimbra and really like it so far, but I'm wondering if iCal to-do syncing will be supported in version 5. (For that matter, is there a definitive feature list in version 5 that I'm just not finding?)

I suppose if CalDav is supported in version 5, syncing to-dos might not even be an issue since CalDav should take care of both events and to-dos, correct?

So, is CalDav supported in 5? I haven't had any luck with the hosted demo yet.

Cheers,
    Stephen

A developer wrote in a forum post that caldav is supported, but was unclear about to what extent.

shawn

Only items on your calendar are synced to CalDav. To do items (unless on your calendar) are not synced. I would encourage you to file it.

As far as task syncing, I don't think there is a RFC with regard to the CalDAV standard, for that. (It's highly possible I'm wrong). But tasks can be sync'ed to outlook and activesync devices. it's still planned for iSync.

Hi,

Thanks for those replies. I'm testing out Leopard Server's iCal server, which does indeed sync tasks. I don't know if Apple is strictly adhering to CalDav standards or not, however....

Regarding CalDav in Zimbra, does your response mean that in version 5, CalDav (at least for appointments) is supported?

As far as the planned task syncing support in the iSync connector, any eta? Will it show up in 5...?

Cheers,
    Stephen

Yes, WebDAV and CalDAV functionality will be available on ZCS 5.0. CalDAV support covers both appointments and tasks.

Actually, because the way iCal stores the tasks (in the Calendar folder) is incompatible with other systems (Zimbra and Outlook stores them in a separate folder), tasks won't be fully supported initially.

I should mention that I asked Jong to set me straight as he's the one who wrote our Cal/WebDAV implementation

Thanks Jong!

Thanks to all of you for setting me straight!

Would it be too much to ask whether calendar alarms will be synced in v. 5? Currently, it doesn't appear that alarms sync up from iCal to the server....

Cheers,
    Stephen