Thread: iSync Connector configuration - me card

Default iSync Connector configuration - me card

I've downloaded, installed and configured the iSync connector and it works well, but I get a strange error message on every sync (which for my current settings is: every minute).

The message says:

"email.address@domain.com

The me card in Address Book will be configured to work properly with this account. Proper configuration of the Me card is necessary for reliable Calender sycning.

[OK]"

As the sync works fine I just want to get rid of this annoying message. Any ideas?

hendrik

Default Assign a 'me' card and see if error persists

Do you have a 'me' card assigned? highlight your card in Mac Address Book, and from the Card pull-down menu select "Make this my card"

Hmmm...that's strange. Check Address Book and verify that you do indeed have a Me card configured, and the email address "email.address@domain.com" is listed.

That's a mysterious email address however, and doesn't seem correct. I'm assuming that when you login to your Zimbra account, your login is not "email.address@domain.com". Is that an alias to your account by any chance?

Thanks,

Scott

The real address of course is not "email.address@domain.com" but rather "myfirstname.lastname@mydomain.com" (I'm not going to post the real address here ;-)). That's indeed my login for zimbra and it works. Calendar syncing works as well.

I had a me card configured. I just realized that the sync somehow deleted all my contacts from my local address book (including my me card). I created a new one with my name and email-Address and the sync automatically adds all Email-Aliases configured for this account.

All the contacts are still in Zimbra but I'm not able to sync them back. My Sync settings are "Contacts -> Selected -> [x] Contacts and [x] Emailed Contacts".

So the message doesn't appear any more but now the sync doesn't really work...