Thread: Free/Busy on mac mail client?

Default Free/Busy on mac mail client?

Hi,

is there a possibility to see the Zimbra free/busy-information via a mail client (Entourage, Thunderbird, ...) on Mac Os X?

Regards,
    Björn

Default There is and there isn't

The chosen path seems to me to be CalDAV under Leopard's iCal 3.0 which I had working last year under Zimbra RC2 hosted demo and OS X 10.5.1 in the attached picture. Unfortunately I can not seem to get this working under our deployed 5.0.1 server and 10.5.2, and need to wait on a vendor for further implementation.

As for Thunderbird/Lightning, CalDAV seems to work okay, but there are a lot of issues maintaining a calendar with this app that you can find elsewhere in the forums. I never got free/busy working but that might be solvable in some capacity, if anybody else here has done it.

Entourage may not be a target, as Exchange uses 'alternative techniques' for WebDAV storage I am gambling. See this request for more info.

Hope this helps at least a little,
    Chris @ DPM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Chris,

thanks for your (enlightening) answer. After 1-2 days of "looking into" Zimbra (and other competitors) i'am really disappointed. Why? There are a lot of promising solutions but i can't find an exchange competitor with a proper (integrated, offline, client) solution for Mac OS X.

Regards
    Björn

Default I hear you!

Our company is mostly Mac, but the Zimbra solution was so compelling that it pushed aside the other (Google, Kerio and Exchg) contenders.

I am, myself anyway, looking forward to using Mail.app/iCal/Address Book for offline and online use, and hope that Zimbra and my Zimbra vendor can have that working soon. I also believe that the Zimbra Desktop is very usable as is, but you need to make sure it syncs enough.

That said, I mostly use the web client, and we are pushing most of our users to the web client. It is that good.

Chris @ DPM