Thread: Cannot delete entries from ical

Default Cannot delete entries from ical

I have a user with Mac OS 10.5 and we are using iSync 5.0.2 and all of the latest apple patches have been installed.

When you go to delete an entry from ical it reappears moments later when the sync finishes. The only way to delete a calendar entry is to delete it from the Zimbra web interface and then delete it from ical before a sync happens. Then the entry remains deleted.

If you modify an entry then you end up with the original unmodified entry and the modified entry once the sync is compete.

I have tried a reset of sync data and also uninstalling (as best as you can) the isync connector and then reinstalling it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums,
    I don't remember off hand if this was a bug or not, can you update your server & connector to 5.0.5 and retry so we can start the troubleshooting process if this is still a bug?
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...-released.html

Can you use CalDAV for iCal instead of iSync?

CalDAV with Leopard iCal - Zimbra :: Wiki

Although iSync is good, CAlDav is standards based, so it's the future of Calendaring in Zimbra.

Default Resolved for now, thanks!

Thank you, I did update the Zimbra iSync on the Mac to version 5.0.5 and he said he is no longer having the problem. So hopefully that did the trick. He has had numerous problems with using Zimbra on his mac so if he has more problems I will switch him to CalDav. Also we do have an update for the server to version 5.0.5 planned so hopefully that helps with some problems as well. Currently we are using 5.0.2 on the server.

Another question. I know I installed the 5.0.5 isync but the version when you open the Zimbra icon from System Preferences says version 5.0.2201 Is there documented somewhere anything from Zimbra to prove that it is the correct version? Because the user is concerned that the update didn't really work because of the version number discrepancy. Thanks!