Thread: iCal access to Zimbra via CalDAV

Default iCal access to Zimbra via CalDAV

Hello.

I'm feeling a bit puzzled. We have recently upgraded our Zimbra server to 5.0.7, and have installed a few iSync connectors for Mac users, and they basically seem to work.

However, several users have asked if they can just use CalDAV to access their Zimbra calendar in iCal without needing the connector installed. (Not sure why they want it this way, but that's what they say, and I'm not one to argue over such things.)

Most of our Mac users are on 5.0.2, including my test machine. I have seen people who have gotten farther than myself--when I try to "Subscribe" in iCal to Zimbra calendars, I get an error:

Error subscribing to the calendar
    Data downloaded from https://mail.mycompany.com is not valid.

That's all I get. The Mac can access the Zimbra logon page, and I can log on to the web client, but nothing through iCal/Zimbra.

Is this supposed to work? I looked at the wiki pages called "CalDAV with Leopard iCal" and it seems like the answer is yes, but it's not terribly detailed, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I primarily use a Windows PC, so I'm not an experienced iCal user.

Is there a way to specify that this is an encrypted connection?

You shouldn't need to subscribe. You setup your sharing delegation through the web interface and give people access to your calendars.

They will then show up in the calendar. Is this what you're try to do?

Well, I'd be happy for a user to be able to access his OWN calendar just to start. I can get into troubleshooting delegation and sharing Calendars after I manage to get the thing working with CalDAV at all.

I'll take another step back.

So...let's say I'm separated from my computer and all my software, but have access to a friend's Mac with OSX10.5 and iCal.

Can I somehow set up my friend's iCal to show me my calendar from Zimbra using ONLY CalDAV and iCal?

If so, how would one go about it?

i realize this is sort of an old posting - but I'm currently trying to figure this out and I think this is what you and I want:

CalDav & Leopard Goodness » Zimbra :: Blog

Actually i wasn't reading the original post carefully. I'm following the same wiki page (CalDAV with Leopard iCal - Zimbra :: Wiki) and it doesn't seem to work over https. I get:

Unexpected secure name resolution error (code -9813)

It sounds like an Apple iCal problem that it doesn't work with self-signed certs, according to this link:
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Getting error (Unexpected secure name ...