Thread: Zimbra Connector for Apple iSync on OSX 10.5.5

Threaded View

Default Zimbra Connector for Apple iSync on OSX 10.5.5

Hi there,

I didn't see any discussion regarding the issue of the Zimbra Connector for iSync running on Leopard's latest release, 10.5.5. I googled this and found a couple of others reporting the same problem however there was no resolve.

I have been using the Zimbra connector with Mac Mail and it works fine. Since 10.5.5 my computer has constantly been grinding away and looking at the activity monitor I see "ZimbraHelper" consuming a lot of the CPU and also Virtual Memory. If I force quit the process, my computer returns to normal.

However I have mine syncing my Calendar and Address Book every minute, so each time it sync's, the same thing happens all over again.

Right now I have mine set to sync manually, and I guess periodically I will Sync and then kill the process off in Activity Monitor. My mail is unaffected of course as it doesn't use the connector and is set on its own in Mail - Preferences to sync every minute.

Has anyone else upgraded to 10.5.5 and is in a similar situation ? I'm glad I didn't upgrade all my staff's computers immediately as they wouldn't have been happy :P

Thanks for any input
    Last edited by nufan; 10-02-2008 at 12:50 PM.