Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CalDAV synchro doesn't work :(

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Default CalDAV synchro doesn't work :(

    Hi,

    I'm using Zimbra connector latest version 5.0.2533 but it looks unable to synchro my calendars through CalDAV.
    When I tick CalDAV options in iSync connector in Preferences Pane, it hangs up a while on Syncing data and then finished (for info adress book synchro works fine).
    If I open iCal, I have a new entry in my calendars but nothing in it, if I try to open it, it states no calendars found URL setup for it is https://mail-1.01.com:443/principals...en@vincen.org/
    Does it look fine ? what can be wrong ? I use hosted Zimbra servers from 01.com.

    Thanks for all

    Vincèn

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    How many calendars do you have on Zimbra? Barring that, have you tried to consult 01 or their support site for answers/assistance?

    --
    Chris @ DPM
    Version 6.0.16_GA_2998.NETWORK Apr 4, 2012 MACOSXx86
    Xserve 2x Dual Core Xeons 10GB with Xserve RAID

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpmchris View Post
    How many calendars do you have on Zimbra? Barring that, have you tried to consult 01 or their support site for answers/assistance?
    In Zimbra I only have the default calendar that I can't remove and on my Mac I have five different calendars.
    I didn't ask yet at 01.com as I thought it's still a beta feature and so it would be better to ask first here

    Thanks

    Vincèn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    In setting up the iSync connector for other end users I've ran into similar issues with iCal hanging on initial sync.

    What has worked for me is going into iCal preferences and removing the CalDAV account entirely. When you're done removing the account, quit iCal.

    Now open your Zimbra iSync connector in System Preferences, click on the sync tab and uncheck "Sync my iCal calendars using using CalDAV". Click the Sync Now button. When the sync completes, check "Sync my iCal calendars using using CalDAV" and click Sync Now.

    This is essentially allowing the connector to set up your CalDAV account in iCal again. Once the sync finishes, go ahead and open iCal again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
    In setting up the iSync connector for other end users I've ran into similar issues with iCal hanging on initial sync.
    What has worked for me is going into iCal preferences and removing the CalDAV account entirely. When you're done removing the account, quit iCal.
    Now open your Zimbra iSync connector in System Preferences, click on the sync tab and uncheck "Sync my iCal calendars using using CalDAV". Click the Sync Now button. When the sync completes, check "Sync my iCal calendars using using CalDAV" and click Sync Now.
    This is essentially allowing the connector to set up your CalDAV account in iCal again. Once the sync finishes, go ahead and open iCal again.
    Wow wonderful and thanks a lot Adrian for that very useful tip Now it works I have a caldav account synchronising in iCal that contains the default Calendar of my zimbra account but how do I synchronise my existing iCal calendars with Zimbra ?

    Thanks a lot

    Vincen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    No idea for my question about existing iCal Calendars with Zimbra synchro ?

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I detail the move of iCal local calendars in to Zimbra (and then it pushes the calendars back out through CalDAV) in this previous thread:

    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/isync-c...tionality.html
    Version 6.0.16_GA_2998.NETWORK Apr 4, 2012 MACOSXx86
    Xserve 2x Dual Core Xeons 10GB with Xserve RAID

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by dpmchris View Post
    I detail the move of iCal local calendars in to Zimbra (and then it pushes the calendars back out through CalDAV) in this previous thread:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/isync-c...tionality.html
    Thanks a lot, it works great

    Vincèn

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well in fact I still have a problem with CalDav synchro on my Mac Pro
    I have setup manually my CalDAV account in Ical, then it retrieves calendar from server and displays events in iCal but it still displays an Exclamation sign near the account and I have some events in CalDAV queue of Ical !!
    I include a scree capture of it !
    If I remove the account and let the iSync Zimbra plugin creates it it does exactly the same
    So what's wrong ?

    Thanks in advance for help

    Vincèn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

  1. iCal caldav error in 5.0.1 NE
    By frankske in forum Users
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 07:35 AM
  2. Problems with CalDAV and expand
    By SimonRev in forum Migration
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 02:52 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •