Thread: Events sync'd to iCal/iPhone lack alerts

Default Events sync'd to iCal/iPhone lack alerts

ZCS 4.5.9, sync 4.5.1450
    OS X 10.5.5

Any events created in Zimbra do get sync'd to iCal and thence to my iPhone, but they all lack alerts. I have looked for an option to set on either side but haven't found one.

Any advice? (We plan to upgrade to 5.x by year-end.)

Thanks,

Chris

Default iSync/iCal alert weirdnesses

When I create an entry in iCal, then sync it to Zimbra (using CalDAV on MacOSX 10.5.5), the alarm is in iCal and also syncs (*) to phones using iSync/Bluetooth. But the alarm settings are not in ZCS and are not propagated to other iCal instances.

It seems that while the ZCS format (in the .ics or CalDAV) does support notification information, it does accept it from iCal. The information as exported from ZCS to WebDAV also lacks the information that iCal will ring the bell, only pop up the message window, which is not really useful.

There should be either (1) an option to tell ZCS with which notification attributes an alarm should be exported or (2) the alarm attributes should be accepted from iCal and stored in ZCS.

-Marcel

(*): It did not always do so, at least not from a manually created calendar. But I was unable to reproduce the problem...

Default Alerts not syncing on CalDAV

I am also having this problem - any alerts that I create in iCal do not show up in Zimbra after the CalDAV sync. This is a HUGE problem - it makes my calendar virtually useless, since I rely on alerts from my smartphone (which syncs to Zimbra via ActiveExchange) to actually show up for meetings on time. Is there any planned fix to this???

Hi

Why don't you use the iPhone 3.0 caldav client directly to the Zimbra server?
    It works perfectly without any problems.

-- Timo

Quote Originally Posted by meikka View Post
    Hi

-- Timo
    Timo-

Maybe I should have started a new thread. I am not using an iPhone but a PalmPre instead. Sorry for the confusion.

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by meikka View Post
    Hi

-- Timo
    I'm on an iPhone 3.1.2 trying the Yahoo CalDAV support. I've just tried creating a calendar entry with an alert and the alert didn't synced to the Yahoo Calendar, while the entry did. Something is wrong here.

I am having the same issue - events show up on the iPhone but they lose the alert that I had set in iCal