Thread: Lightning won't read events modified by a Palm

Hybrid View

Default Lightning won't read events modified by a Palm

Repost. Please forgive a newbie for posting this in the wrong forum a few days ago

Here's a weird issue that Google searches have left me hanging on.

I have a user with a PalmOS mobile device. He has an account on our Zimbra Collab Server (5.0.15) and also Thunderbird with Lightning add-on (latest versions as of today). He has his ZCS Calendar loaded in Lightning using CalDAV.

His Palm communicates very well with the ZCS, with no problems. Anything he does on his ZCS calendar updates to his Palm, and vice versa.

His Lightning client communicates very well with the ZCS, with one problem. Events that he has created or modified using his Palm do not show up in his Lightning Calendar.

Again, everything looks the way it should on the web interface, and on the Palm's calendar, but lightning does not display events that were created or modified on the Palm.

He gets the following errors in his error console when he reloads remote calendars in Lightning that include a Palm-modified event:

Warning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: CALENDARNAME. However, this error is believed to be minor, so the program will attempt to continue. Error code: 0x80004005. Description: failed to retrieve item

Warning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: CALENDARNAME. However, this error is believed to be minor, so the program will attempt to continue. Error code: READ_FAILED. Description:

So does Palm's calendar program put something on events that makes them unreadable in Lightning?

What can I do about this?

I am having the exact same problem with access ANY of my user's calendar items using CalDav via lightning or sunbird. The calendar items look fine in the Zimbra web interface, but CalDav doesn't seem to work, nor does .ics access.

Hey Nicholas, you should make your own thread for your issue... then you can have a subject line that's directly relevant to the problem you're having and probably attract a better response.

Also I recommend putting way more information into your initial bug report when you make the thread. People will probably be more inclined to answer the question if they can skip the step of figuring out what your problem actually is. Maybe a step by step description of how you are adding the calendars, and what the failure looks like?

Thanks for giving me pointers on how to post in a forum, however, it is obvious you didn't read anything I wrote. My problem is exactly the same as what is written above.

Ah, my apologies. I thought you were saying that your user could not read any calendar entries at all in Lightning, not that the user could read all entries in Lightning except for those modified by a Palm device.

What convention are you using for CalDAV URLs?

I am using the following to tell Lightning where to look:

https(my server requires SSL)://mail.domainname.com/dav/USERNAME/CALENDARNAME