Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with CalDAV on Snow Leopard

Thanks - they're running 5.0.11_GA_2695 which would explain many of my issues with it

I didn't include this in my original information and suspect it might be an issue.

Client Version: 5.0.9_GA_2533.RHEL5_64
    Client Release: 20080814234009
    Build Date: 20080814-2350

I'm using zcs-NETWORK-5.0.16_GA_2921 on RHEL 5 and finding the same problem. I can't add/change my primary calendar which is connected via Caldav (not the zimbra isync connector). Worked fine in Leopard. I can edit a shared calendar from another user that I have edit access to, but not my own calendars.

Not to derail the conversation here, but from my understanding, all the Zimbra Connector does is set up the CalDAV settings - so it's largely unnecessary if you just enter the CalDAV settings manually. I don't think the use of the connector is important for this discussion and might cause confusion.

Hi

I will re emphasize that an upgrade to 5.0.18 resolved all my CalDAV issues.

I cant find the post now but found one earlier explaining there were a lot of changes to CALDAV in 5.0.18.

I had several Snow Leopard clients all with some sort of CALDAV issues.

Some able to edit shared calendars, none able to edit their own.

Upgrade to 5.0.18 fixed all of these and I now have smooth operations across all Snow Leopard users.

Good call billywyatt. 5.0.16->5.0.18 fixed the snow leopard caldav issues for me.

We are running 5.0.16 and have found that if you have your calendar shared to anyone, it will cause this problem. If you revoke all the shares to your calendar and restart ical, it will start to work.

doug

I was happy reading the comment from dgcurtis and deleted all my shares of all my calendars. Know I have 5 out of 12 working, but even those 5 are not working very well. If I add a new entry to a working calendar in iCal and then move it to another working calendar, it changes the color of the new calendar for a few seconds, then disappears, and then a few seconds later appears again in the calendar, where I entered the event initially.

That's why I can't use any of my calendars in iCal. There must be another solution. I do not yet know, which zimbra-version server-side is installed, but I will figure it out tomorrow.

Is there really nothing that can be done client-side to get things working with iCal and CalDAV as it worked very fine with OS 10.5.x?

Thanks for any suggestions, I really need my iCal working!

Default iCal 4.0 (1362) failing to work with CalDAV servers following Apple OS upgrade

If Apple iCal ceased to work with your CalDAV server following Apple's upgrade of the OS, I recommend reporting your problems to Apple.

<http://radar.apple.com/>

Also consider reporting to the Zimbra Bugzilla. I see some issues relating to Snow Leopard but at a glance, not the issue(s) that are described in this thread.

Comparable issues with iCal 4.0 (1362) and CalDAV service of Chandler Hub (an instance of Chandler Server a.k.a. Cosmo) are discussed at iCal 4.0 (1362) Mac OS X 10.6.1 interop issues with Chandler Hub.

Also consider reporting to the Zimbra Bugzilla. I see some issues relating to Snow Leopard but at a glance, not the issue(s) that are described in this thread.
    What other issues have you seen with Snow Leopard? I'm planning a sitewide upgrade in the near future and would appreciate a heads-up.

As I wrote above, though, ZCS 5.0.18 + MacOS 10.6 have worked quite well for me so far.