Thread: How to share calendar using Entourage/iSynch?

Hybrid View

Default How to share calendar using Entourage/iSynch?

I had to move to entourage because of issues with iCal; however i don't see any place i can share my calendar.

Can this be done using web?

Generally you share your calendar using the web interface. But Entourage's calendar is not CalDAV, so what you see in Entourage is not stored on the server. Therefore it's not shareable.

Hi,

There seems to be a gap in my understanding. How i understood and configured this was using iSynch. Infact thats how we can use it. iSynch in turn per the documentation in and configuration uses CalDAV.

On a side note how do mac users use zimbra? iCal has invite timing issue with outlook 2007. Calendar sharing is a very commonly used feature!

I am missing exchange

I may have misspoken. What version of Mac OS do you have? It might also be helpful to post the version of your ZCS and iSync connector.

Old versions of software (some combination of the above) do use iSync with Entourage and caldav. Old versions might also have bugs that could be causing some of your other issues.

In any case if the ZWC contains your calendar data, that's where you would share it. It's how I do it with iCal 4 (Snow Leopard). Also I have no invite timing issue with Outlook. But there have been issues isolated to specific timezones, so I wouldn't rule it out.

hi,

i use snow leopard (10.6.2) and iCal 4. I am in IST (India); all invites going to outlook 2007 are off by 1 hour. However they work ok with outlook 2003. i have posted this problem elsewhere too.

I was therefore forced to move to Entourage, office 2008 mac:

Now in entourage, the time skew is not there. But calendar is a big issue. if i add an entry from my calendar it does not synch on the zimbra server! However invites go to the right person and they accept it too! so every one knows there a meeting except my phone. Now if i add the entry using the web interface, invites go and get synched on my phone. but are not there in my calendar.

with entourage being a main mail software for most "office" folks as before few months it was the only mail client which had exchange support.

So now its a hopeless situation for me being on mac.

This is quite a surprise because the claims were multiple platform support etc.

Depending on the version, Entourage uses one of two proprietary Microsoft protocols to talk to Exchange. Zimbra doesn't speak either of these, and never did, although there is an RFE that you may want to vote for: Bug 38631 - Enable snow leopard messaging features, Outlook for Mac 2010. (Outlook for Mac 2010 will use Exchange Web Services, which is also used by Entourage for EWS and is an option for Snow Leopard.)

Instead, at one time, Zimbra used iSync to allow Entourage to sync with the server. This is only supported on Mac OS versions prior to the introduction of CalDAV support in iCal. In other words, Mac OS 10.4 and earlier. It also requires you to use the Zimbra iSync connector 5.0.5 or earlier.

Full details are in this thread and links off of it.

Essentially you might be able to get it to work if you can get your hands on the 5.0.5 connector. But you might also need to be running OS 10.4. It also might only work with Entourage 2004, not 2008. Read the thread thoroughly; if you follow the links, there are instructions for obtaining the old connector. However you'd be using an unsupported configuration.

Alternatively--and this is a long shot--you could try using CalDAV to sync iCal, and then use iSync to sync Entourage with iCal.

What I really think you should do is: open a support ticket with Zimbra for the invite timing issue with Outlook.
    Last edited by ewilen; 01-25-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks for the info.

We are moving to exchange; don't want to spend time on such issues