Thread: iCal Error question

Hybrid View

Default iCal Error question

One of our users, running a Mac with 10.6.6 and iCal (her account is set up within iCal as CalDAV), sent me a screenshot that when trying to accept a meeting invitation, she got a server error HTTP/1.1 409. Now I realize this is some kind of conflict message - is it possible that someone else is trying to add her to another event at the same time she's trying to accept this first one? How can we narrow this down?

How is she trying to accept the invitation?

I recommend that people don't try to open the attachment from Mail. Just refresh iCal and then accept the meeting directly on the calendar or through iCal's Notification pane at lower left.

Here's her response to me:

I've always accepted from iCal. I just had one today: both appear on the date in grey (because I have not accepted yet) but only one appears in the notification pane (the correct one is in the notification pane, the incorrect one does not appear there at all)

Not sure what's being referred to when she says "incorrect one".

I believe I have seen cases where the notification pane doesn't pick up an invite.

I have iCal/Mail set to automatically put invites into iCal; Zimbra is also configured to put invites tentatively onto my calendar. With this config, I rarely have a problem, and if I do, it's always tied to cases where I trigger a change at the client when it's out of sync with the server.

E.g., I invite some people to a meeting, then I want to change the alarm to work around Bug 29235 – CalDAV: Audio alarm information is lost after you sync appt. In the meantime, someone has already accept my invite. The server has updated the meeting to include this acceptance, but iCal hasn't yet synched. So when iCal tries to sync my alarm change up to the server I get an error. What I do is revert to server, which picks up the acceptance, and then I change the alarm, and it works.