Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Lion upgrade (Mac OS X 10.7) my account get's duplicated over and over again

Hybrid View

Angry After Lion upgrade (Mac OS X 10.7) my account get's duplicated over and over again

Hi,

I upgraded to Lion yesterday and now I have a severe problem with the sync of ical with our Zimbra server.

I use the Zimbra iSync Connector 6.0.2495.

The problem is, that nearly most of the times when I start ical, the sync starts and when it's finished, it starts all over again but with a new duplicated account! So right now I have approximately 30-40 duplicates of my account... The ical application doesn't react any more now...

Does anybody have the same problem (and perhaps solved it)?

Until the upgrade everything worked fine. I reconfigured the account already and for a short time it worked, but now it goes berzerk again...

Best regards,
    Eike

I have exactly the same problem, but it looks like I've got something like hundreds of duplicated accounts, and my system is maxing the CPU with iCal open. This is unusable.

Zimbra, will it be fixed ASAP or is this the reason I should finally switch to another email solution?

Hi,
    similar problem here.
    after the Lion upgrade Zimbra (this time 7.1.3184) keeps adding CalDav accounts to iCal.

Quick fix.
    go to the Zimbra settings disable CalDav.
    go to the Settings in iCal delete all accounts.
    go to the Zimbra settings enable CalDav.
    switch to iCal, wait until Zimbra has added again two or more accounts.
    go back to Zimbra disable CalDav (1 account gets removed)
    go back to iCal delete all accounts more than one.
    wait till, the Sync is done - and your Cal is back in its whole singularity.

btw.
    Anyone Noticed that since the Lion update the Adressbook is loosing Phone Numbers?
    This is much much more annoying!

It sounds like one of the issues mentioned in Bug 62321 – iSync doesn't work with OSX 10.7 Lion

One workaround would be to turn off the calendar setup in the iSync control panel, and just do it manually.

After uninstalling my old iSync connector and removing approx. 150 accounts by using an Automator-Script, I installed the iSync connector 7.1.3184 (couldn't get a newer one) and at least it doesn't duplicate any more currently.

But the sync is broken now (for appointments I change on my Mac)... :-(

No, the problem isn't solved yet unfortunately.

Right now, iCal with the ZIMBRA iSync connector started to duplicate my accounts again (3 times until now...).

So a solution is still needed!

*help*!

(my iCal isn't usable currently...)

It sounds like you have ZCS 7.1.1. Please see my signature for how to locate your Zimbra version.

With Lion and 7.1.1, I'm not using iSync at all. You can turn it off or uninstall it, then set up your iCal with CalDAV and Address Book with CardDAV.

Generally, though, I wouldn't recommend using Lion with 7.1.1. ZCS 7.1.2. was just released, and it may fix this particular problem. Some other issues are also fixed in 7.1.2, but others will wait until at least 7.1.3.

Hi,

Meanwhile I upgraded the MacBook Air to MacOS 10.7.1 but that didn't solve the problem.

Yesterday our Sysdamin upgraded the ZIMBRA installation to 7.1.2 and I had the chance to install the iSync 7.1.2 connector. Until now, everything seems to work fine :-) My MBA doesn't act like a hairdryer any more when starting iCal and I hope that it continues to work :-)

BTW: I tried connecting to the server without the connector already, but had the problem, that meeting invitations didn't appear in my calender any more, which isn't useful. (Is there a way to make this work without the iSync connector?)

If you're only talking about notifications in iCal, then see Bug 62586 – iCal 5: Notifications not working (fixed in 7.1.3).

If new meetings don't even appear as tentative on your Calendar when you've got "Automatically add received
    appointments to Calendar" set in ZWC Preferences, then that would be a different issue (which I don't see on my system).

Bad news:

The account duplication problem is NOT solved in ZIMBRA iSync 7.1.2 connector... I got the problem again...

Will try again without the connector... :-(