Thread: Zimbra 8 <-> iOS, shared cals

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra 8 <-> iOS, shared cals

Hi gents,

I have browsed all the messages in the forum, but still haven't found the solution to the problem:
    3 accounts - A, B and C. A has a calendar and shares it with B and C. B and C sync their calendars with their iPhones (btw - B and C setup CalDAV accounts).
    And here it goes - B and C do not see the shared calendars on their mobile devices.
    Is it fixed? will it be fixed?

PS: a common account for everyone is no options for me.

Thank you
    Last edited by gent_911; 10-28-2012 at 03:08 AM.

I have the same situation with 3 accounts: A represents our shared calendar, B and C are our "personal" ones. It worked perfectly until Version 7.2. I upgraded to V8. I still see all subscribed and shared calendars on the account BUT I cannot create an event on the shared calendar anymore. This worked in 7.2 and before with the same calendar configuration on Zimbra.

This is how I setup the calendar on the Zimbra Web interface:
    - For User A, I created a separate calendar (i.e. name is different to "Calendar") to share with the other users B and C. I don't recall why I did this; might this be the reason why gent_911 was not successful yet?
    - User A shared this calendar with B and C with the following rights: View, Edit, Add, Remove, Administer
    - User B and C have accepted the calendar sharing. The calendar shows up in his Calendars
    - User B and C both have a CalDAV entry created to their own calendar. They now should also see the additional calendar selected. In iOS, make sure, the calendars are selected to be visible on the calendar: Select the Calendars button on the upper left corner and ensure all calendars you want to see are ticked on.

Until V7.2, User B and C were able to create appointments for both their own as well as User A's calendar. Since V8, the calendar of User A is read only. On iOS, the shared calendar does not appear in the list of available calendars to put it on, on iCal on OS X 10.8, the shared calendar of User A is greyed out indicating it is read only

As a work around, I now have to add the User A account on all devices from User B and C. This is not so nice but doable for the 2 of us. It would, however, not be acceptable in a larger environment with e.g. a shared project team calendar.

Why is did this behaviour change in V8? It seems to me a bug in the access mgmt. Will this be fixed in 8.0.x?
    Last edited by mfehr; 10-28-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mfehr View Post
    - User B and C both have a CalDAV entry created to their own calendar. They now should also see the additional calendar selected. In iOS, make sure, the calendars are selected to be visible on the calendar: Select the Calendars button on the upper left corner and ensure all calendars you want to see are ticked on.
    The above point is not exactly right. I do not even get shared calendars listed on any of my iOS devices. The only calendar available is 'Calendar' and that is about it. Both B and C do not see shared calendars at all.

--
    Best regards

Weirdly enough you can get to see all shared calenders by switching OFF iCal delegation in Zimbra Preferences... You can see shared calenders then, but still not edit them, even if you have admin or write rights.
    Since delegation doesn't work anyway I don't see any problem in doing so...

This is true mainly for iOS calendar

In iCal I can now edit and see calenders for some reason after enabling delegation...

Problem is now I have to choose between having access to shared calenders on my Mac or being able to view at least the shares on my iOS devices..
    Last edited by dosch; 10-31-2012 at 09:52 AM.

See https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=78288 to get work arounds for Apples Calendar app on OS X 10.8 and 10.7 - With the user setting to enable delegation for Apple CalDAV calendars and the work arounds, I can now work with the delegated calendars on all OS X and iOS platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by mfehr View Post
    See https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=78288 to get work arounds for Apples Calendar app on OS X 10.8 and 10.7 - With the user setting to enable delegation for Apple CalDAV calendars and the work arounds, I can now work with the delegated calendars on all OS X and iOS platforms.
    Maybe im blind, but I do not see a solution posted for iOS devices.