Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.0.7 Status

Hybrid View

Default 6.0.7 Status

A few have been asking about status when the dates bump, can't promise to make a post/thread every time in the future, but the current rebuild was for:

Bug 47686 - conversation navigational buttons missing in lite client
    Bug 46538 - HTML appears in edit filter screen

Right now it's a matter of timing (also note historically we don't release on fri/sat/sun since less of us are around to assist). The thing to keep in mind every rebuild adds at roughly 2 days.

While we'll still push for 7th which we had targeted either (before those above bugs cropped up) that logic automatically makes it the 9th. We'll know more and firm up our guess at the end of the day. Yes I realize 31st was the old target; we strongly feel our triage/QA teams are doing a good job setting the quality bar high, even if it slips the date on ZCS 6.0.7 / ZD 2.0B3.

~

In the upcoming pm.zimbra.com re-design we'll try to include reasons as well as an rss feed etc. For now we'll try to note it in the small field next to patch/and include a reliability %, but the point it it's always supposed to be our 'best' guess; might add (and thanks to a few of you for noticing) we've been updating it the last few months early/often/pretty close to when the decisions are made.

To answer another question: We do have both a branch freeze to control variability (where only a dedicated release engineering team can commit code) and an internal target that moves around based on your demands - ie: What customers are clamoring about x feature or bug controls how strict we are in triage decisions (cutting/adding).
    Last edited by mmorse; 06-04-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Still targeted for release today ?

Looks like its pushed back to Thursday (targetted date) as of my last check on pm.zimbra.com
    ---
    Paul Chauvet
    State University of New York at New Paltz

getting close - sry don't have bug #'s/outstanding list handy at the moment - though mods now have canidate builds

As the kids say on roadtrips:
    Are we there yet? How much further?

As I have said before, I would prefer you released a quality bugfree release, than rush it out to a timetable. Having the development process transparent is too valuable to have it anyother way.
    http://www.solutionsfirst.com.au/hosting/zimbra/
    Australia's premier Zimbra Hosting Partner
    Resellers wanted!

Amen, Dave. I am anxious, too. I have a few users with HTC Droid Incredible phones who bug me about this every day - "Have you applied the patch to fix my send problem yet..."

Close the doors and unplug the phones until the patch is up and working.

I do agree that we always want releases as bug free as possible. Though I do have to say the 6.0.6.1 release seems to have been even a better decision considering how long before 6.0.7's release (past the initial target/freeze/commit dates). We've been very happy with it and the fact that it was released early.

Hopefully a similar model can be used in the future if any major bugs come up so they can be fixed between releases.
    ---
    Paul Chauvet
    State University of New York at New Paltz

I appreciate thoroughness, but I've got a few people waiting on some serious bugs with the Outlook connector, and from what I can see the blocking issues for 6.0.7 all have to do with Zimbra Desktop. In the past I've been able to download beta versions of the connector from the support portal, but I've seen nothing since 6.0.6 was released. Is there any chance of getting an update ZCO early?

Quote Originally Posted by steeef View Post
    I appreciate thoroughness, but I've got a few people waiting on some serious bugs with the Outlook connector, and from what I can see the blocking issues for 6.0.7 all have to do with Zimbra Desktop. In the past I've been able to download beta versions of the connector from the support portal, but I've seen nothing since 6.0.6 was released. Is there any chance of getting an update ZCO early?
    Not sure what you're referring to with respect to ZD, but about ZCO, we discovered several serious bugs (47752, 47645, and 47843) in the days leading up to 6.0.7--too late to be targeted for that release. Support has told us that they'll give us updated ZCOs to test as they become available. So, to begin with, you might try opening a case or cases for the bugs that concern you, and request that the betas be supplied to you personally.

But I agree that once Zimbra is reasonably sure that a given beta ZCO successfully addresses a major bug and is safe to use, it would be good if they'd make it SOP to post it to the support portal. Not to take anything away from the folks who work on ZCO, or the challenges of making things work with MS Outlook, but issues arising from ZCO (particularly in the area of group calendaring) do the most to damage confidence in Zimbra in my organization. The sooner that patched ZCOs can be proactively deployed the better.