Thread: Mail template

Default Mail template

Hi,

have you made some way to set a default layout for all outgoing mails? Companies want a nice layout, but don't want employees to change this.

It should be possible to set an HTML layout but also a plain text layout. Eg: you specify a signature on company level and the name and emailadress in the signature are replaced by that from the user.

Regards

There are no mail templates today. Best bet would be post this for your users on the company intrnet or help desk pages. They can they just copy/paste the data into their signature box settings.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Yes,

but you are now talking only about the signature. But I think there should be some kind of mail template. So a company can set an HTML layout for the outgoing mail and the message is placed inside...

Do you think this will be available in zimbra? I think it is a lack of exchange at the moment and it is a feature a lot of companies wil like :-)

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

i would like this option too! much as i hate it, some companies i work with demand html templates on outgoing mail. i currently implement this in thunderbird with templates folder, and in outlook where forced, but would like to be able to do this with webmail too - some companies refuse to use any client that won't implement templates.

on a similar note, is it possible to do a site-wide signature, like with altermime?