Thread: Latest CVS version build trouble

Hybrid View

Default Latest CVS version build trouble

I checkouted the latest Zimbra code from CVS and tried to build them on a RHEL4 but no luck. The error is below. Please advise.

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 353 source files to /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build/classes
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMLeftChatEvent.java:28: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMLeftChatEvent)
    [javac] mbox.postIMNotification(this);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMPersona.java:167: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMPersona.SubscribedNoti fication)
    [javac] mMbox.postIMNotification(new SubscribedNotification(address, name, groups, false));
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMPersona.java:169: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol : method flushIMPersona(com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.Opera tionContext,com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMPersona)
    [javac] location: class com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox
    [javac] mMbox.flushIMPersona(octxt, this);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMPersona.java:179: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMPersona.SubscribedNoti fication)
    [javac] mMbox.postIMNotification(new SubscribedNotification(address, name, groups, true));
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMPersona.java:185: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol : method flushIMPersona(com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.Opera tionContext,com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMPersona)
    [javac] location: class com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox
    [javac] mMbox.flushIMPersona(octxt, this);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMPersona.java:226: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMPresenceUpdateEvent)
    [javac] mMbox.postIMNotification(event);
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMPersona.java:293: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMSendMessageEvent.IMMes sageNotification)
    [javac] mMbox.postIMNotification(event.getNotification(seq No));
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMPresenceUpdateEvent.java:29: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMPresenceUpdateEvent)
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMProbeEvent.java:46: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMProbeEvent)
    [javac] ^
    [javac] /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im/IMSendMessageEvent.java:61: postIMNotification(com.zimbra.cs.im.IMNotification ) in com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox cannot be applied to (com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.im.IMSendMessageEvent.IMMes sageNotification)
    [javac] mbox.postIMNotification(getNotification(seqNo));
    [javac] ^
    [javac] Note: /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/service/FeedManager.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 10 errors

BUILD FAILED
    /home/graffiti/zimbra/ZimbraServer/build.xml:249: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
    TIA,

-g

PS: could you please do me a favor to provide CVS source the same as M1? I mean CVS source with all the thirdparties bundled already.

I just looked at my CVS and your right there seems to be some files that are out of date. I think the sync process may have died. I'll check and we will get it back online. In general we don't plan to put all the 3rd party source in our CVS. The idea of CVS is for those who want to hack the source. In almost all cases they'll also have the ability to build our 3rd party code on their own. We may in the future provide a tar ball or the 3rd party binaires but if you just want the binaries you can get those from a binary download.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default ahh, reboot

Forgot to restart after a reboot - it's running now, sorry for the delay - I'll add some monitoring to that thing on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by marcmac
    Forgot to restart after a reboot - it's running now, sorry for the delay - I'll add some monitoring to that thing on Monday.
    I did a cvs update (and even a fresh checkout later) but still no luck, it output the same error as the last time. Please help.

-g

Default A problem with our CVS replication

It looks like there's a problem with our CVS replication scripts --- i moved a bunch of files from zimbra.cs.mailbox.im ---> zimbra.cs.im ...unfortunately when the updated tree got propogated over into CVS it looks like it added the new ones but didn't delete the old ones.

So you've got a bunch of old, out of date files that don't build because things they depend on have changed.

We'll fix our CVS distribution ASAP, in the short term you should be able to just rm -rf main/ZimbraServer/src/java/com/zimbra/cs/mailbox/im and things should build for you.

Default bug fixed

This was an error that showed up when all files in a directory were deleted at once - I've got it fixed, so this shouldn't happen again. (Next time, it'll be a completely different problem )

Default How to check CVS version?

A lot of failure on building from source.

Could you guys give me a quick help as how to get into CVS repository of Zimbra so I can look for the missing files?

Thanks.

Jian