Thread: Get message details to JSP

Hybrid View

Default Get message details to JSP

Hello!

I have a problem with take message details (id, subject, from, to, body, attachment) to JSP file. I wrote the plugin and I use drag&drop function to put message to plugin.
    I know that I should use SOAP - so If You have any tutorials or solution - I'll be glad.

Best regards
    rkmorgan

You should be able to grab the JSPSample Zimlet out of the open source repository, and check out how we do it in that zimlet. This should give you an idea of how to grab these items through JSPs. The repository info is found here:

SourceForge.net: Subversion

Quote Originally Posted by rkmorgan View Post
    Hello!

I have a problem with take message details (id, subject, from, to, body, attachment) to JSP file. I wrote the plugin and I use drag&drop function to put message to plugin.
    I know that I should use SOAP - so If You have any tutorials or solution - I'll be glad.

Best regards
    rkmorgan
    Take a look at the taglibs to pull data from Zimbra in a JSP manner. I believe there is a sample Zimlet that does almost exactly what you want to do, without having to worry about the SOAP.

Hi!
    Thanks for answer!!

My plugin has been based on com_zimbra_jspsample exmaple package. Yes I get ID and Subject of message correct, but when I try get other message information like: body, from, to, date the results are:

id: 282
    subject: Zimlets-+test
    name:
    %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.name%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Obje ct%5D%27%29
    path: %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.path%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Obje ct%5D%27%29
    body:
    from: %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.from%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Obje ct%5D%27%29
    to: %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.to%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Object %5D%27%29[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I add new params to xml file - but the results are not good.
    So - that is my problem. If You have any example codes or solution - pleace write.

Best regards
    rkmorgan

Hi!
    Thanks for answer!!

My plugin has been based on com_zimbra_jspsample exmaple package. Yes I get ID and Subject of message correct, but when I try get other message information like: body, from, to, date the results are:

id: 282
    subject: Zimlets-+test
    name:
    %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.name%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Obje ct%5D%27%29
    path: %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.path%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Obje ct%5D%27%29
    body:
    from: %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.from%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Obje ct%5D%27%29
    to: %28UNDEFINED+-+str+%27%24%7Bobj.to%7D%27+obj+%27%5Bobject+Object %5D%27%29[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I add new params to xml file - but the results are not good.
    So - that is my problem. If You have any example codes or solution - pleace write.

Best regards
    rkmorgan
    What source code version are you using?

The com_zimbra_jspsamle version is: 1.0

<zimlet name="com_zimbra_jspsample" version="1.0" description="JSPSample">

When jspsample plugin has been loaded to ZIMBRA and I drag&drop message to this plugin, I receive correct ID and SUBJECT, PATH and NAME are empty.

The com_zimbra_jspsamle version is: 1.0

<zimlet name="com_zimbra_jspsample" version="1.0" description="JSPSample">

When jspsample plugin has been loaded to ZIMBRA and I drag&drop message to this plugin, I receive correct ID and SUBJECT, PATH and NAME are empty.
    Sorry, I meant to ask what version of the Zimbra Server are you running.