Thread: Compatibility of Open Source Web Mail Client and Professional Edition Mail Server

Hybrid View

Default Compatibility of Open Source Web Mail Client and Professional Edition Mail Server

We want to customize the Web Mail Client of the Open Source of ZCS and use it with the Mail Server of the Professional Edition of ZCS. Would it work?

Otherwise can we get the source code of web mail client when we purchase the Professional edition and should we be customizing that version of web mail client?

After posting the above, I scanned some other old posts on the web client and now I am wondering if the Web Mail Client can be separated at all from the ZCS. What do I do then? Do I fully depend on the Open Source version of ZCS only? But I need to customize the Web Interface and want to use many features of the Mail Server. Can some one please help with a suggestion?
    Last edited by Kant Krishna Bansal; 10-15-2007 at 01:03 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The Web UI is exactly the same in the OSS & NE versions, please contact support@zimbra.com for details on how to modify the interface.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

By the way, most of what you'll probably want to do can probably be done via either zimlets or new skins. You may not need to touch the web client core at all...
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Thanks for the response.

I understand that all can be achieved through Zimlets, but then I have to completely develop the Interface. If I could modify the Open Source Interface then I can use all the email, calendar, contacts etc and I have to develop only the additional facilities.

I hope you can surely suggest a way to achieve this.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Krishna Bansal View Post
    Thanks for the response.

I understand that all can be achieved through Zimlets, but then I have to completely develop the Interface. If I could modify the Open Source Interface then I can use all the email, calendar, contacts etc and I have to develop only the additional facilities.

I hope you can surely suggest a way to achieve this.

Thanks again
    The web UI uses the exact same code as the Zimlet's have access to, so it's not going to be any simpler to code it as a zimlet then as a change to the existing code.

If you are just trying to update the UI, the skins interface is there for this.

Hi Joshua

Thanks for you suggestion that should modify the Interface rather than to recode using Zimlets. My next problem is -- "When I use Open Source edition and modify the Web Interface, how would I be able to use Outlook and Mobile Sychronization, available in the Netwrok edition.