Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: validity of auth token

Default Thanks again but...

thnak i know all of u would be buged up,but please help.This is the way i need.I have to find a way to call my method for validation of token whereever zimbra tries to validate.
    If u could tell me how do u verify the token each time after the first initial step of getting it ,it would be appreciated.Thansk
    Last edited by arpitamunjal; 10-23-2007 at 06:28 AM.

Default could u just elaborate on how to communicate mine and zimbra token for auth

could u just elaborate on how to communicate mine and zimbra token for auth

Default hey everyone waiting for the reply on what zimbra does with authtoken

hey everyone waiting for the reply on what zimbra does with authtoken,when does it check for validity of token in which service

Quote Originally Posted by arpitamunjal View Post
    hey everyone waiting for the reply on what zimbra does with authtoken,when does it check for validity of token in which service
    Please don't spam the forums. That's an easy way to get an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by arpitamunjal View Post
    arpitamunjal,

If you are trying to use the Zimbra authentication and pre-auth system, then you need to look at the pre-auth docs. Your questions about token expiration has been answered in that context.

However, you seem to be trying to replace it with your own token system. That means that you are trying to integrate in new behavior to Zimbra. It's unreasonable to expect a answer to a question on how you code your own algorithm.

Thnaks i know how to create my own token,i just wanted to find other than expiration time of 12 hrs what r other parameters that it uses to validate a token suppose when its sending a mail.It must check for other parameters other than expiration .
    Well any way thanks a lot.

Hello everybody,

can you give me some more information about the Zimbra auth token? I would like to use the Zimbra auth token to authenticate a user in another (Web-) application.

Basicly I have a Zimlet which should connect to a REST-Webservices which is protected (with Spring Security). To access this webservice the user needs the same credentials as for the zimbra server. So I thought perhaps I can use the Zimbra-auth-token to authenticate the user in the webapp.

Thanks
    Christian