Thread: [SOLVED] Building only Zimbra WEB UI

Default [SOLVED] Building only Zimbra WEB UI

Greetings All,

I have Zimbra 4.5.6 opensource installed on one of my Linux box. I want to build only Zimbra WEB UI 4.5.6 and use it, instead of the one installed with the full deployment. I downloaded the Source tar ball and went to the directory [$SOURCE]\ZimbraWebClient and issued the command 'ant'. This created a distributable web archive(war). But when I compared this build with the one installed on a full deployment there was considerable size difference and also there was difference in the packaged content. There was even a difference in the list of JS(JavaScript) files used by Zimbra Web UI.

Is my procedure to build Zimbra WEB UI correct? Do I need to do a complete Zimbra (all Zimbra products) build so as to just get the build of Zimbra WEB UI?

I had a look at the link Building Zimbra on Fedora Core 5 and x86 64 - Zimbra :: Wiki but I could not find anything mentioning, building Zimbra WEB UI only. My Linux OS is RHEL 4 update 3.
    Regards,
    Zocs...

Which ant task did you execute? Also, why do you want the zimbra ui only? It's really tied to rest of the suite so the ui alone is useless.

Thanks,

I used the build.xml file located in folder ${source}\ZimbraWebClient. I used the default target from this build.xml which is 'war'. As I already mentioned I have a deployed Zimbra product (4.5.6-GA) on one of the machine. So I am not going to use the Zimbra UI alone. But I was looking for steps to build individual components.
    Regards,
    Zocs...

Quote Originally Posted by zocs View Post
    I used the build.xml file located in folder ${source}\ZimbraWebClient. I used the default target from this build.xml which is 'war'. As I already mentioned I have a deployed Zimbra product (4.5.6-GA) on one of the machine. So I am not going to use the Zimbra UI alone. But I was looking for steps to build individual components.
    War won't get it done. Use ant deploy and ant admin-deploy.