Thread: Perl soap modules

Hybrid View

Default Perl soap modules

I'm using your Soap.pm, and other soap modules in perl programs on FC4. The programs work fine except one situation. The error I got is:

syntax error at line 1, column 0, byte 0 at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm line 187.

Do you have installable soap package? Or will you create one?

If not, what's the good way to install/deploy your soap modules, in general?

What is the "one situation" it doesn't work in? Give us repro steps and we can help you. (what script? what arguments?)

...an error on that line just means that the XML parser couldn't parse the passed-in text. I've found that the easiest way to debug this type of problem is to just hack your Parser.pm file, add print $arg at line 187 just before the call to expat->parse()... so your code in Parser.pm looks like:

Code:
      eval {
        print "$arg\n";
        $result = $expat->parse($arg);
      };
    ...that will at least print out the text that is being parsed: usually it is an apache HTML error message of some kind from the web request.

Our soap libs really need a debug flag to turn this kind of logging (wrap the calls to parse()) on with a flag, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Unfortunately the perl libs are pretty low-priority as they are only generally used for dev testing and not for anything 'real' right now.

In terms of the installable soap package: no we don't have one right now. It would be nice to have one -- I've just never created one so don't immediately know what's involved. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Not sure if this is the reason for the problem you're seeing, but I recently hit the same error when sending admin SOAP commands. Installing Crypt::SSLeay fixed the problem.

Boris

Default Confusing Parser.pm Error

My problem was caused by bad string in soap message. It was fixed.

I use Net::SSLeay for Perl-LDAP.

Default parser.pm line 87

I have the same problem. I used a SOAP client, but i still have this failure.
    I tried Net::SSLeay it didn'_t work.
    Is there a problem with Expat.pm (version 2.34)???

Thanks