Thread: environment for installation of client(devel) and server(devel) linux & windows xp

Default environment for installation of client(devel) and server(devel) linux & windows xp

hi
    I am trying to find the installion environment(developers) specifically for windows XP os.
    please explictilly mention the system requirements.

Hi, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, but the Zimbra product is only released for Linux and Apple OS X type systems.

I don't know about the developers at Zimbra, but when I program for Linux/etc I prefer to program in Linux.

The only things released for Windows are the ZImbra Toaster (checks mail), Zimbra Desktop (caches Zimbra so you can work offline), and the Outlook connector.

Welcome to the forums,

Reasons you can't just "run the zimbra server on windows":
    For starters, Zimbra is heavily integrated with postfix - which doesn't have a windows version.

You could run it on a virtual linux machine; VMware is a common one that doesn't have much of a learning curve.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

there's an old doc in the source docs folder that has guidelines for setting up zimbra in windows environment for development. I remember thinking at the time I was looking at it, it looked like a lot of the development was done in windows (guess).

Default environment for installation of windows XP for development

hi

m looking for a complete environment for installation of windows XP for development.
    is the environment different for open source and network edition?
    can u please let me know the environment for server(development) as well as client(development) for windows platform

Default environment for installation of client(development) and server(development) linux

hi

can u please let me know the evvironment for installation of client and server using linux platform

Someone from your exact same IP address already posted this question today - so I'm just going to refer you to http://www.zimbra.com/forums/develop...evelopers.html

Are you asking how to build from source?
    Some articles out of the wiki:
    Building the software yourself - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Building Zimbra on Fedora Core 5 and x86 64 - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Building Zimbra on Gentoo - Zimbra :: Wiki
    & coming soon: Building Zimbra using Perforce - Zimbra :: Wiki

Or do you just want the already compiled binaries?
    FOSS: /community/downloads.html
    NE: products/downloads.html
    NE Trial: /products/download_network.html

It may be time you read: files.zimbra.com/website/docs/Zimbra Architectural Overview.pdf

I'm going to combine these 3 threads & hopefully we'll understand what your asking at some point
    (try to stick with one username from now on if all of these threads are the same person)

Default Machines required for installation

hi

I wanted to know are seperate system required for both client and server or it is possible to have client and server env on single machine.

After 5 threads I think we're getting somewhere...I assume by client you mean the web-client which means tomcat in 4.5 (jetty in 5.0) which is part of the mailstore component.
    You can install all the packages on one box (single servers don't need IMAP/POP Proxy) please read ZCS System Architecture - Zimbra :: Wiki and the material found here: /products/documentation.html or /community/documentation.html
    Last edited by mmorse; 12-19-2007 at 10:36 PM.