Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solaris 10 5.0 build released!

Use Sun Java Communication Suite it's free and better then zimbra.
    You get the outlook connector. Zimbra is cool but without a connector is useless except for webmail.

It is nice that you mention why it is better. Also, no one on this thread mentioned they need the outlook connector and probably knew that if they were trying to use Solaris. Useless is a strong word. Not everyone uses Outlook...

Does anybody have a setup guide on building a hardened Solaris 10 production server?

I'm most familiar with FreeBSD so I'm not really familiar with some of Solaris' 'quirks'. To give an idea of the sort of thing I'm hoping for here's the idiots guide I give people for my FreeBSD boxes (minus the make.conf & kernel profile): http://www.samgaw.co.uk/serverguide

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

- Sam
    Last edited by samgaw; 05-16-2008 at 11:41 AM.

man would i love to run zimbra on zfs

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Use Sun Java Communication Suite it's free and better then zimbra.
    You get the outlook connector. Zimbra is cool but without a connector is useless except for webmail.
    oh mark, you've turned to the dark side there are plenty of clients that work without connector, if you really need the pain that is outlook, pay the minimal NE fee! None of the sun software is free really, they just claw the money back elsewhere.

man would i love to run zimbra on zfs
    if you're able to, please try the community builds. they're currently here:
    Welcome to varlogmessages and will move to the zimbra community site for 5.0.6 release:
    SourceForge.net: Zimbra Community Builds

The Solaris builds should be pretty stable and error free now. I intend to submit bug report and full patch with 5.0.6, hopefully we can ask Zimbra nicely to get it in the main codebase - they've been very supportive so far.

Great! But there is NO any download files for solaris on sf.

Yes sorry, I disabled the old Solaris downloads from my site because I'm in process of building new up-to-date packages for sourceforge site. Apologies, will be up in a couple of days.

Is there a place to download the TEST8 build? Also, if you needed a place to do dev stuff on sparc64, I've got a U10 I'll give ya access to.

ah yes, many apologies for not producing a recent solaris build. quite a few changes to the codebase and everytime I get 90% on a new build then i get stuck or a new version comes out and i have to start all over again.

i am currently working on 5.0.7 - unfortunately there are a few thirdparty components that simply don't work on solaris so I'm having to run back through past versions to find one that does. will keep plugging on and produce it asap.

spartacus, if you might have a non-global sparc zone you could donate on a semi-permanent basis that would be awesome. people in the past have very kindly donated use of sparc servers but I keep having to move off and then start again on a new box which is very time consuming. an isolated (full-root) zone would be really great, even if I just get access to compile a new build for a day at a time.