Thread: [SOLVED] Bug FIXED but where is version 5.0.2?

Wink [SOLVED] Bug FIXED but where is version 5.0.2?

Hello all
    I absolutely don't want to hurry you guys, but I don't know how this works.

1. I opened the following bug from zimbra 5.0: 23508
    2. You guys did a great job in fixing this bug and released 5.0.1. Unfortunately this bug still exists with 5.0.1 but only when you create new contacts.
    3. The Bug got the status "FIXED" with the advice to upgrade to 5.0.2.

My question is now where can I see the new version 5.0.2? When will 5.0.2 released?
    In the Ticket as example there's written the following: "Verified into Release zcs-NETWORK-5.0.2_GA_1939.UBUNTU6.20080122041203.". So where can I find this version?

Thanks for any clarification how your release cycle works.

Peter

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

There will be an announcement on these forums when 5.0.2 is released, you can also keep an eye on release and bug details at the Product Portal.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

So when the engineers fix a problem it gets marked resolved. References to 'main' are like nightly/devel. Currently 5.0 is franklin & 4.5 is frank. It might then get verified by QA (quality assurance) at which point you'll see 'verified on build __'.
    We run every release on our own mail servers ahead of time to make sure there's no major problems for you guys, the concept is called 'eating your own dogfood'. 5.0.2 isn't yet public

Default Somewhat frustrating

Yep,

I guess there is a certain frustration not being able to at least download the patched files and insert them into your running instance for some of these bugs.

For those of us that have been working with real "Open Source" and Free software for many years it makes one a bit impatient having to wait for the next entire release.

I finally installed another calendar program for staff to use while we wait for 5.0.2. I want to believe in Zimbra! .... but user reality bites

If you guys are eating your own dog food before you release make sure you clean your bowls before asking for another serving.
    Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
    Chief Technology Officer
    Alliance Medical Center

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    There will be an announcement on these forums when 5.0.2 is released, you can also keep an eye on release and bug details at the Product Portal.
    Thanks for clarification.

Do you know how I can "subscribe" to the announcement Forum so that I will get an email when some news are showing up?
    I couldn't find it in the Forum options.

Peter

Question Patch Availability

Is there no longer cvs or daily builds available?
    I have thousands of users who currently cannot change their password due to a bug (Bug 23553 - Mail> Change password broken(always tries to open https) even when it we have http url - Resolved) and I cannot find the patch, nor did anyone put the code that was changed in the bug report.

How can we obtain patches/current build data for resolving bugs that have been addressed? (especially one's that are affecting thousands and thousands of users)
    It's tough to wait for the next release, perform internal QA testing on that release, then schedule downtime for LARGE NUMBERS OF PEOPLE, run a complete system upgrade (across multiple servers), just to put a single updated javascript file in place to fix a single bug we're having.

Please help..

1) We will not issue patches for a specific fix. This is because of the complex nature of how we check all of the components, ie postfix, lucene, mysql, etc. There's a bug open for it, you might want to vote for it.
    2) We have a public p4 cache that we're prepping to release. It isn't that we pulled it to piss people off...it's that it was a hassle to keep in sync. We have a new method, and it's in testing.
    3) You can also change the password for them, if needed.
    4) Mstreet: Perhaps sendmail is more to your liking. In case you have trouble finding their forum, here's a link: http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=14 I'm sure they'll meet your strict, open source, free requirements.
    5) Apollo: in the announcements forum, right hand side, you'll see a Forum Tools link. Click on that and choose Subscribe. I've included a pic for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jholder; 01-29-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Default Much prefer Postfix or Qmail

No, I much prefer Postfix or Qmail to sendmail.

Still waiting patiently for the next release
    Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
    Chief Technology Officer
    Alliance Medical Center

A few hours ago, 5.0.2 popped up as an option in bugzilla and all remaining open 5.0.2 issues were retargeted for 5.0.3. It's not official, but it looks like my plan to upgrade to 5.0.2 this weekend is on.

Q: Bug FIXED but where is version 5.0.2?
    A: --->>> http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...-released.html
    Thread solved
    Last edited by mmorse; 03-28-2011 at 01:08 PM.