Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra online demo bug

Default Zimbra online demo bug

Hello,

I am very impressed with Zimbra but unfortunately I have found the online demo has a bug. With IE 6.0.2900. I have debugging IE *enabled* !

Line 2368 Error 'undefined' is null or not an object in zimbra\js\Ajax_all.js

"if(typeof(response.text)=="string"&&response.text .indexOf("{")==0)"

Aaron

Thanks for the report. Can you reproduce this? My guess is it's just caused by a network error, and not going to happen if you reload the app or try again. Let us know if you find that to be untrue.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Its 100% repeatable on this machine. Happens with IE but not FireFox.

I dont have a second Windows machine with me at the moment but I will try it on my other machine tommorow when I am home.

I keep debugging enabled on IE it throws up alot of bugs on sites. I also have MS Visual Studio 2005 for debugging them

Aaron

What are you doing each time? Have you cleared your cache on IE before retrying?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    What are you doing each time?
    Its three seconds into loading before the "splash" screen appears.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Have you cleared your cache on IE before retrying?
    Okay thats solved it, great.

Aaron

It maybe worth hardening up the code here to avoid this problem.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by AaronNGray
    It maybe worth hardening up the code here to avoid this problem.

Aaron
    We'll take a look but my guess is we can't do much. There is a few serious bugs in IE ability to read gzip'd files from cache.

Is this issue really due to cached gzipped files? I get the same error when running the AjaxTk demos (TreeExample, etc.) that come with the AjaxTk download.

These demos don't appear to use gzipped JavaScript files like the Collaboration Suite does. Instead, the JavaScript files appear to be included as plain text (i.e. not compressed).

Just want to point this out -- perhaps the problem is related to something else besides gzipped files in the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by forkjake
    Is this issue really due to cached gzipped files? I get the same error when running the AjaxTk demos (TreeExample, etc.) that come with the AjaxTk download.

These demos don't appear to use gzipped JavaScript files like the Collaboration Suite does. Instead, the JavaScript files appear to be included as plain text (i.e. not compressed).

Just want to point this out -- perhaps the problem is related to something else besides gzipped files in the cache.
    Can you paste your exact error? I doubt they are the same. Most of the errors I see from folks using the AjaxTk demos come from not building them first with ANT to generate the needed files.

Most of the errors I see from folks using the AjaxTk demos come from not building them first with ANT to generate the needed files.
    Ah, that could be it. I did run the ANT script to create the war, but I seem to remember hacking my way through it because I don't think I could get the default target to work. Also, I deployed to Geronimo/Jetty. It seems that the ANT script is assuming Tomcat. Also, I realized that the errors are also occurring in Firefox; they just aren't displayed explicitly like in IE. If I view the JavaScript console in FireFox, though, I see the same errors. There is a difference, though, when I run in either browser: in IE, the treenode images don't display. However, they do in Firefox.

So, it sounds like it might be an issue on my end. Even so, I attached a few screenshots for good measure. The first two list the JavaScript errors that display. The third screenshot shows IE. Notice how the images on the tree are not displaying. I'm not sure whether this is a side-effect of the JavaScript errors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forkjake; 04-10-2006 at 10:44 AM.