Thread: building from source code

Question building from source code

Hello all,

I am trying to build the source code of Zimbra OS for RHEL4. I am having a lot of trouble building the 3rd party code from zcs-5.0.0_BETA3_1277-3rdParty-src. Is there a way I can just download the packages built from these third party src from somewhere and just build the src code for zimbra separtely? I do not think it is necessary for me to be able to build 3rd party code since i won't be making changes there. So it is most efficient if I just get binaries for 3rd party at this point. any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Unfortunately it is necessary for you to build the ThirdParty code. I suppose it would be possible to provide ThirdPartyBuilds/ with prebuilt binaries but that would spoil the immense amount of fun you're currently having - anyway up to now nobody has provided that for any of the platforms, as far as I am aware.

Try using a newer tarball or getting the source straight from the p4 cahe, you have an old version of the source and you'll find problems when it comes to actually compiling the main source.