Thread: Insert HTML

Hybrid View

Default Insert HTML

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this,but here it goes...

Is there a way to insert HTML into a new message?

For example, I have created a HTML message in Dreamweaver (or other HTML editor) and I want to send that message to someone.

Do i just insert the code into the message? I already tried that and it didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nobody knows, eh?

Well, I've gotten people here to copy HTML from one message in ZCS to another, but I didn't have much luck trying to copy from a web page to my message, at least not under Linux. It won't take raw HTML code, it just parses it as text, with &gt and &lt's. I don't have Dreamweaver or any other nice HTML editor, I tend to write everything in vi.

I haven't found a way to do this. I end up firing up Thunderbird if I needs to create a HTML message with images etc.

It's a shame as I'd like to use the web client only.

Be sure to vote for / support ticket tag / CC watch this RFE: Bug 16386 - Raw HTML Source Editor in Mail Compose

Mileage may vary & works best for displayed elements - but you can access the 'HTML source' in documents (compose the message there) than switch views back to 'rich text' mode > copy > paste into 'rich text html' email. (ALE)

Has there been any movement on this? My users regularly embed HTML into sales teasers, and I have to stay with Thunderbird until I can come up with a solution to this. I didn't understand from the previous message (or from the ALE article on zimbrablog.com) if this was still being developed.

OK, now I see. I am still migrating from TBird to Zimbra concepts. Thinking of the Zimbra Documents folder as the Templates folder (but Documents is actually much more), I can create a doc in which I can insert HTML. If it's the company notebook, then everyone has access. Whew.

Where are in 2012 and there is no way to insert Html Code .... what a pitty !